Office hours

Please refer to your individual residence page for comprehensive information regarding office hours. On public holidays and during session recesses, opening hours may be reduced whilst on key weekends such as check-in or check-out, the office may be open for extended hours. Appropriate advice will be posted. Outside of office hours, Community Assistants are always available.

For general enquiries, you are welcome to visit Student Central - Accommodation Services, located in Building 17 on the University's main campus.


If you intend to be absent from your residence, it is advisable to let at least one other resident know of your whereabouts. If your absence is for an extended period of time, please inform your residence office, your Associate Director, Student Residence or UOW Accommodation so we will know where to contact you in an emergency. UOW Accommodation has the authority to enter your room at any time to check you are not ill or injured. The University is under an obligation to act responsibly and to report you as a missing person to the Police if you have been missing for some time and have not advised us of your absence.

If you are under 18 years of age, we will also contact your parents or guardian.


You should note that whilst you are free to leave UOW Accommodation at any time, you must still abide by your obligations under the terms of your Accommodation Agreement with the University. You are strongly advised to consult this and other related documents and discuss with your Associate Director, Student Residence prior to making the decision to leave. Prior to departure, you must give the period of notice outlined in your Accommodation Agreement. On the day of your departure you must:

  • Vacate your room by 10.00 am. If you do not return your keys and cards to the residence office by that time, you will be charged for a further day’s accommodation.
  • Complete a Departure Form and return your keys and cards. Departure Forms are available from your residence office.
  • Ensure outstanding account balances have been paid.

Summer session/Vacation accommodation

You may apply to extend your accommodation at UOW Accommodation beyond the end of the Spring Session contract period. All extensions are at the discretion of the Associate Director, Student Residence and are subject to room availability. To submit a request to extend your stay you will need to go online via the Accommodation Portal and enter your preferred Intent to Vacate date. You must submit your request by the date specified by your residence. Any requests submitted after this date may not be considered or approved and will attract an administration fee. Additionally, if your request is approved and you wish to reduce or cancel your additional stay, you must provide UOW Accommodation with at least forty-eight (48) hours’ notice. If you fail to do this, you will be charged this period of notice in lieu. You will also be charged the period of notice if you just check out. During the Summer Session you may be assigned to a different room and/or unit from the one that you occupied or will occupy during the academic year.


Your attention is drawn to the University of Wollongong's Policy Directory, which governs the University, of which UOW Accommodation forms an integral part.

Enrolment changes

Because of the excess demand for accommodation at the University you must inform the Associate Director, Student Residence  immediately if you change your enrolment status from full-time to part-time, or terminate your enrolment at the University of Wollongong. Please note that your accommodation fees may increase if you are no longer an enrolled student.

Returning students

Re-admission for a further academic year is not automatic but contingent upon behaviour, commitment to study, having no outstanding debts and demand for residency from newly enrolling students of the University. Issues in these areas may result in a further priority in the waiting lists for specific styles of accommodation or room preference being suspended. It is unlikely that a resident who has accumulated five demerit points under the terms of the Student Conduct in Residences Policy for proven breaches of community standards would receive an offer of accommodation for any of the University's residences for the following year. In the case of unsatisfactory academic progress, an offer of accommodation may be conditional upon certain academic performance targets being met. These decisions are at the discretion of the Associate Director, Student Residence, who may, after consultation with colleagues, act on behalf of all Management.


If you wish to provide UOW Accommodation with feedback, please raise it with your Associate Director, Student Residence. Alternatively, your feedback is actively encouraged through UOW Feedback.

Emergency contacts

As part of your application process you will have provided us with an emergency contact. It is vital that if these details change you should inform us as soon as possible. If you are injured and we need to make contact with your family, this information will be of vital importance.

Employment with UOW Accommodation

Occasionally there are opportunities for casual employment at UOW Accommodation. Where time and operational requirements permit, expressions of interest will normally be called from all members of the residential community. UOW Accommodation adheres to the University’s Employment Equity and Diversity Policy.