This training aims to ensure all student-facing staff and student leaders are equipped with the practical knowledge and skills needed to provide an effective and survivor-centred first response to disclosures of sexual violence.
Responding to disclosures of sexual violence
About the course
This online self-paced course takes around 1.5hrs and has 3 streamlined modules of around 30 minutes each and is suitable for staff (with student-facing roles) and student leaders.
Module 1: Setting the context
This module examines the prevalence of sexual violence and how it can be normalised in society, including Higher Education institutions.
Module 2: Understanding and supporting survivors
This module explores how sexual violence may impact a survivor and what support they may need during a disclosure.
Module 3: Steps to take when responding
This module provides the skills needed to provide an effective first response to a disclosure of sexual violence.
How to enrol
- Visit https://courses.epigeum.com/register and complete the registration form
- Enter the token 3fc41ccd in the relevant field of the registration form
- You will be sent an account activation email. Click on the link in the activation email to complete registration and activate your account.
NOTE: If you do not receive the email in your inbox, please check your SPAM/junk mail. You can also resend the activation email.
- Go to the Epigeum online course site. Log in using your chosen username and password combination. You will be shown the Epigeum program in the My Courses screen.
- Click on the “Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence, Second Edition” program to launch it.
Certificate of completion
Once the course has been successfully completed (i.e. by achieving 80% or higher in the end of course quiz), you will be able to download your unique certificate of completion.
If you require further assistance, please contact the SARC team at firstname.lastname@example.org