Introductions introduce the research in detail and establish the validity of the research by showing that the previous research in the field contains some kind of “gap” in knowledge that will be filled by this research.
- Establishing the field
- Summarising previous research
- Preparing for present research—showing the gap
- Introducing present research
- Overview of thesis chapters
Find out more about Introductions (PDF file).
- Biology Introduction (PDF file)
- Education Introduction (PDF file)
- Engineering Introduction (PDF file)