International students

International Students

Student Support Advisers (SSAs) can help International Students during their stay in Australia. They assist students with a range of issues such as orientation to the local area, homesickness, study difficulties, academic concerns, budgeting, legal/accidents, student visas, health, personal problems, family emergencies and children's education. They can give advice about returning home after you complete your studies. The service is free and confidential.


 New to UOW? The following information will be helpful.


Social Activites

Relaxing, having fun, making friends ... all of these are very important and will help you to be happier and this will help you study better.

   Maintaining your student visa.

Department of Home Affairs

DHA can also be contacted on 131881. When calling if you are unsure of the information being provided it is always a good idea to wait on the line so you can speak with an operator rather than hearing a recorded message. If you are still having difficulty, contact a SSA who can help you through this process.
The information listed on the DHA website and provided through their phone service and publications changes regularly. Always check your information is correct at the current time.   Don't rely on what you hear from your friends. Always check the website or speak with someone from DHA for the advice you need.



Last reviewed: 9 November, 2018