UOW has implemented changes to grades and new academic support measures for Spring Session, Trimesters 2 and 3 and other 2021 non-standard sessions. These changes and measures include:
Changes to grades
- Fail grades will not be recorded on academic transcripts where you have demonstrated a genuine attempt at the subject, and the fail grade is not a result of academic misconduct
- If you feel your subject mark does not reflect your full capability, you will have the option to have your mark and grade replaced with 'Satisfactory' on your transcript
There are a small number of exceptional circumstances where some of these changes to grades cannot be implemented. These include (but are not limited to) students enrolled in:
- 400-level or honours level subjects
- Graduate Medicine
- Higher Degree Research
- subjects exempted due to accreditation or registration requirements
- sessions outside of those outlined below.
If you fall into one of the exception categories, you will need further advice about how these support measures relate to you. Please contact Student Central for advice.
We have waived a few requirements relating to the Academic Consideration (AC) application process:
- students will not need to provide supporting documentation as part of an AC application
- we recognise that all students will be impacted, to some degree, by the transition to online learning, and so this will be taken into consideration when marking assessments. This means students won’t have to apply for AC for consideration in the marking of an assessment,
- Students may receive communication or have documentation from their faculty or subject outline about the removal of compulsory attendance. These students will not be required to submit a request for Academic Consideration for attendance.