Enrolment for Autumn and Trimester 1 2023 is now open.
Here’s how to enrol in your subjects:
1. Choose your subjects
To see which subjects you need to complete, refer to the Course Handbook for the year you commenced your course. The Course Handbook outlines the requirements of your course including subjects, majors, minors, or specialisations.
If you get stuck the Handbook User Guide provides instructions about how to use the new handbook, or you can check out the FAQs.
2. Find out which subjects are being offered in 2023
No matter when you started your degree, you’ll need to use the 2023 Course Handbook to find current information about which subjects are on offer this year, which campuses they are available and which session the subject will run in this year. You will also be reminded of the session and campus availabilities of a subject on SOLS when enrolling. We’ve put together some easy steps to help you through this process. You’ll also be able to see which session/s and campus a subject is on offer when you enrol via SOLS.
- Log in to SOLS and select ‘Enrolment and Variations’ from the left-hand menu
- Type the subject code into the ‘New Subject Code’ field. If your subject code has only three letters (followed by 3 numbers), ensure that you type in a space after the letters. E.g. LLB110 should be entered as ‘LLB 110’.
- Click ‘add subject’.
- The subject code will appear in the search function. Click ‘Add’ to add the subject to your enrolment. If more than one search result appears, ensure that you are adding the correct subject code (i.e. for the correct session, delivery mode, and campus location)
- Continue to search and add subjects until you have enrolled in all your subjects for the identified teaching period.
After you’ve enrolled, you can vary your enrolment details, provided changes are made within the permitted date periods. For more information on how to enrol in subjects, or change subjects after you’ve enrolled, visit our website.
If you are having issues, please see 'What do I do if I can't enrol in my subject via SOLS?'.
4. Read the subject Timetable
The 2023 Subject Timetables for Autumn Session and Trimester 1 are available to view on the Timetabling website. The Subject Timetable outlines how classes will be delivered for each available subject (e.g. on-campus, online, or both). To check a specific subject, refer to the location listed against that subject’s classes. Once you have enrolled in a subject, these details will also be available in your SOLS under Timetable > Subject Timetable. For more information visit the Timetable FAQs page.
5. Select your classes – tutorial enrolments are coming soon!
Tutorial enrolments normally open about four weeks before the session starts. Tutorial opening times for your subjects will appear in SOLS under Tutorial Enrolment. Dates and times vary for each Faculty and subject – make sure you check SOLS regularly, so you don’t miss your tutorial enrolment dates.
International students are required to enrol in a full-time load regardless of whether you have on-campus or online classes - unless you have been given approval to reduce your study load. To reduce your study load, you must have a valid reason (compassionate and/or compelling circumstances). If you need to discuss your study load, please contact Student Services.
Restricted or pending course status:
- If you are on a restricted course status, you will need to make an appointment to speak with your Faculty or HoSt to get academic advice and approval before you can re-enrol. You can make an appointment via Student Services.
- If you are on a pending course status and are awaiting the result of a subject from a previous session or an outcome on another matter, you should still enrol into at least one subject.
Leave of Absence:
If you do not wish to study in Autumn or Trimester 1 2023 but want to keep your place in your course open, you must apply for a Leave of Absence.
- Wollongong Campus: Come to our Get Started event on 18 January 2023 to receive answers to your enrolment questions. You’ll receive an invite to your UOWMail account in the next few weeks.
- Search AskUOW (use your UOW login)
- Contact Student Services