For the week of 19 - 23 April 2021, the university will close many of its campuses as part of UOW's COVID-19 business recovery strategy. Many staff will be on annual leave during this period and some services will be limited. The university has put together an overview of what will - and will not - be available during this period.
This closure period has been set to align with the Autumn Session recess week (see key dates), and all services and facilities will resume as per normal from Monday 26 April.
Further information will be added to this page as it becomes available, so please make sure you check back regularly.
UOW Security continues to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Teaching and learning
Most teaching staff (including Heads of Students and Academic Program Directors) will be on leave. Consultations will not be available during this period, and students should expect delays in receiving responses to any direct enquiries.
Students requiring academic advice are encouraged to seek consultation from their lecturers and tutors in the week before the leave period.
Student Central, Building 17, UOW Wollongong Campus will be open for phone, email and face-to-face enquiries.
- Operating hours: 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday
- Phone: +61 2 4221 3927
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Got a question? Search for the answer via AskUOW
Faculty hubs will remain closed during this period. Please contact Student Central for assistance (details listed above).
Graduate Research School will be closed.
IT support will be operating and available to students.
Student computer labs in Building 17, UOW Wollongong Campus will be open and available to students.
- Opening hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday and 10am – 5pm, Saturday - Sunday
UOW Library (Wollongong campus) will be open. Live chat and face-to-face enquiries will be available. No other Library services will be available during this period.
- Opening hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday - Friday and 10am – 5pm, Saturday – Sunday
- For opening hours for Regional and Metropolitan campus libraries, visit the library website
Careers Central offers an extensive range of online resources available 24/7.
- Career resources: Explore everything you need to know to get and keep a job, take an online mock interview, or practice aptitude tests online
- Career consultations and workshops will resume the week of 26 April
Appointment bookings will be paused. However, students can still register with the disability service via the website. The full service will resume the week of April 26.
Future Students service team (in Student Central, Building 17, UOW Wollongong Campus) will be open for phone, email and face-to-face enquiries.
Office of Global Student Mobility (OGSM) will be unavailable.
Regional and Metropolitan campus arrangements during this period are listed below. Students are advised to contact Student Central for assistance if needed.
- Batemans Bay: Campus Administration will be closed; building access will be available for students with a current access card.
- Bega: Campus Administration will be closed; building access will be available for students with a current access card.
- Shoalhaven: Campus Administration will be closed; building access will be available for students with a current access card.
- Southern Highlands: Campus Administration will be closed; building access will be available for students with a current access card.
- Southern Sydney: Campus Administration will be closed; building access will be available for students with a current access card.
- Sydney CBD Campus (including Library and study spaces): Campus is open as per normal hours. Business and Law Central on level 8 is also open for phone, email and face-to-face enquiries. Only students enrolled at the Sydney CBD Campus will be able to access the building/campus floors.
Operating hours: 9am - 9pm, Monday – Friday
Phone: +61 2 9266 1300
- South Western Sydney (Liverpool): Campus Administration will be closed; building access will be available for UOW College (UOWC) students with scheduled classes (as per below). UOWC students can contact the UOWC student hub for support.
UOWC student hub
Operating hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Phone: +61 2 4252 8804
Wednesday 21 April: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Thursday 22 April: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Friday 23 April: 9:00am to 12:00pm
Student mental health
Students can also download our support flyer which provides details on a range of external services available for students experiencing hardship, including:
- BUPA’s 24 hour student support line – available to international students with BUPA overseas cover
- Ask Izzy – a website that allows students to search for support and food services located in and around their area
- Study NSW Food Hampers – free food hampers for international students
The Safe and Respectful Communities (SARC) team will continue to provide support for students over this period.
The Learning Co-Op offers a range of online resources that are available to students 24/7. The following programs will not be running during this week:
- Arrive & Thrive,
- Peer Assisted Learning,
- Peer Assisted Coaches,
- Couch Conversations.
Learning Co-Op academic consultations: some consultations will continue to be available during this period.
Short consultations: Students can opt in to one of the online drop-in sessions that will be running on Wednesday 21 April and Friday 23 April, from 1:30pm to 4:30pm. You can join one of these short academic consultation sessions via this zoom link.
Extended consultations: To register for a one hour consultation with one of our available learning developers, please register online. Once you have registered, information will be sent to your email about what times are available and how to join the meeting with the Academic.
For students studying at our regional and metro campuses, please check in with your campus learning developer regarding their specific availability during this period.
Student Support Advisors will be unavailable. However, the free and confidential UOW 24 Hour Student Wellbeing Support Line will be available 24/7, for students enrolled at any UOW Australian campus. To access this service call 1300 036 149 or text 0488 884 164.
International Student Programs will be unavailable.
UOW Accommodation will remain open to residents during this period and staff will be available.
Pulse Pantry will operate as normal on Wednesday 21 April from 11 am - 1 pm, or until stock runs out. Located next door to Campus Pharmacy in Building 11.
For operating hours of food and retail outlets on campus, visit the UOW Pulse website.
UOW College classes and all services are operating as normal during this week. Please contact the college for further information.