With the festive season upon us, we wanted to provide you with an update on UOW services and facilities that will be operating and available for students during the Christmas, New Year and additional closure period (25 December 2020 – 8 January 2021).
The following services will be operating during this period:
Student Services in Student Central (B17, Wollongong Campus) will be available for email enquiries only from 25 December 2020 to 10 January 2021 (excluding weekends and public holidays). Phone and face-to-face enquiries will resume on 11 January 2021.
Crisis Support will be available for students via the UOW Crisis Support Line, 24 hours a day, from 24 December 2020 to 11 January 2021. To access this service call 1300 036 149 or text 0488 884 164. You can find out more about this service on the Crisis Support website.
UOW Security is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including on public holidays. During the Christmas and shut down period, they will be available to respond to requests for UOW’s Wollongong, regional and metropolitan campuses. You can contact Security in a number of ways.
The Safe and Respectful Communities (SACR) team will continue to provide support over this period for any critical incidents. They can be contacted on email: email@example.com or phone: (02) 4298 1135.
UOW Accommodation will remain open to residents during this period. Staff will be available at residences, except on public holidays and weekends. Please refer to the signage at each residence reception for information on who to contact on public holidays, after hours, or for those periods the reception is unmanned.
Food Assistance: The next food pack handout for UOW students in Sydney will be on Thursday 21 January 2021, followed by the next Wollongong campus Free Food for UOW Students Market on 23 January 2021.
Any students that require assistance with food during the closure period can find more information through:
- UOW Food Assistance with updated information for UOW students
- Study NSW, which provides emergency food assistance information for international students in Sydney and NSW
- AskIzzy, a website that helps you find a foodbank close to your location
Future students will be available for telephone and email enquiries at the following times:
- Between 28 December and midday, Thursday 31 December 2020
- Between 9am and 4pm, Monday 4 January to Friday 8 January, 2021
The following services will not be operating during this period:
UOW Library (Wollongong campus) will be closed from 25 December 2020 to 10 January 2021. All Library services, including Live Chat, holds, and Document Delivery will be unavailable during this period. Items can still be returned to Wollongong Campus via the after-hours bin at the rear west-side of the Library (opposite the P2 carpark). Visit the Library website to review opening hours for regional and metropolitan campus libraries.
UOW Counselling will be closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021.
Student Support Advisors and Disability Support will be closed from 25 December 2020 to 10 January 2021.
Faculty hubs will be closed from 25 December 2020 to 10 January 2021, however, Student Central will be available and can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional and Metropolitan campuses
Regional and Metropolitan campus closures are listed below. There will be no coverage of phones and emails at the campuses during the closure periods. Urgent enquiries should be directed to Student Services via email@example.com
- Batemans Bay: Closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
- Bega: Closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
- Shoalhaven: Closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
- Southern Highlands: Closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
- Southern Sydney (Loftus): Closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
- South Western Sydney (Liverpool): Closed from 24 December 2020 to 10 January 2021
- Sydney CBD: Closed from 25 December 2020 to 10 January 2021