Talk to a Student Coach
Peer Academic Coaches (PACS) are senior, high achieving UOW students, who have been trained to assist you building your study skills, discuss learning strategies and help you locate resources that support you with your assessment tasks. They can also organise further support and consultations with specialist learning support staff.
You can talk to a PAC either online or face-to-face during Autumn and Spring Session.
Please use Google Chrome when talking to the PAC Online.
Peer Academic Coach Timetable | Autumn Session | 2019
The Peer Academic Coach service operates from Week 1 through Week 13.
|All - via PAC Online|| |
|Monday - Thursday||10am - 5pm|
|Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Wollongong||Library, Ground floor||Monday - Thursday||10am - 5pm|
|Friday||10am - 4pm|
|Shoalhaven||Campus Library||Monday||12:30pm - 1:30pm|
|Tuesday||12:30pm - 1:30pm|
|Wednesday||12:30pm – 1:30pm|
|Thursday||12:00pm – 1:00pm|
|South Western Sydney||PACS Point – behind ground floor Student Hub||Tuesday||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:30am – 11:30am|
|Southern Sydney||Room G04||Weeks 1 – 3 and Weeks 8 – 13|
|Monday||11:30am - 12:30pm|
|Tuesday||1:30pm - 3:30pm|
Trimester 1 | 2019
|Sydney Business School, University of Wollongong|
|Wednesday||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Thursday||2:00pm – 4:00pm|
|Friday||2:00pm – 4:00pm|
Peer Academic Coaches (PACs)
PACs are students who are available to share their personal experience and strategies, and can be an informal soundboard to help you:
- Build confidence that you can achieve your goals at UOW
- Connect with useful services on campus
- Discover assignment and academic writing resources
- Become familiar with Turnitin, referencing and academic integrity
- Identify resources to improve language and grammar
- Learn about different study techniques and exam preparation
- Overcome challenging scenarios by employing effective study techniques such as time management and planning
- Navigate Moodle and SOLs
The Library Rover is a Library-trained student assistant who can assist you with your research enquiries.
The Rover can help you:
- Identify resources for your assignments
- Create effective search strategies
- Navigate the Library website and catalogue
- Use e-resources and databases
- Solved basic IT and printing issues
- Understand copyright, referencing and academic integrity
The Peer Academic Coach online service is a UOW Student Services and Amenities Fee funded project.