International Students

This web site provides international students with information about their study options and visa responsibilities.  Options for international students are determined by the Education Services for Overseas Students Act (ESOS), The National Code 2018 and student visa conditions as applied by Department of Immigration and Border Protection. 

Under ESOS the University must tell the Secretary of the Department of Education and Training about any change to a student's enrolment. This action notifies the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) and may effect your student visa.  If you have any questions regarding your visa you should contact DIBP.

Leaving the University

If you are in Australia on a student visa you must be enrolled.  If you find you are unable to continue your study at the University of Wollongong or you change education provider the University must tell the Australian Government.  This action notifies DIBP.  Find out about your options for leaving the University

Your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

If you are in Australia on a student visa you must complete your degree within the timeframe given on your CoE.  The University may change the length of time given on your CoE in a small number of situations. This means you should do all you can to make sure you complete your course in the time given on your CoE. Discover more about your CoE.

Satisfactory Course Progress

It is a requirement of your student visa that you maintain satisfactory course progress.  Failure to make satisfactory course progress could result in your visa being cancelled.  Find out more about the visa implications of not making satisfactory course progress.

Visa Information

The University must tell the Australian Government about students who breach their student visa conditions.  This may lead to your  visa being cancelled.  Read more about your visa conditions and the breaches for which you will be reported.

For specific visa information contact DIBP.

Important Information About Exams

Changes to Examination Rules in 2012 mean that International Students are no longer allowed to use a translation dictionary in exams. Find out more about Exam Rule Changes »

Student Mail Login Button
SOLS Login Button