Your graduation day: Shoalhaven students
The next Shoalhaven graduation ceremony will be held in May 2018.
You should arrive at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre at least an hour and fifteen minutes before the commencement of the ceremony. If you arrive late, you may not be allowed to attend the ceremony and your fee will not be refunded.
There is free parking available for graduating students in the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre car park. To minimise parking congestion, graduates are encouraged to travel with all their guests in one vehicle.
Before the ceremony
Once you arrive at the Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre, you need to visit the Registration Desk. Due to the amount of people attending, guests cannot accompany you, so arrange to meet them outside on the lawn to give them their tickets. Students not registered 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the ceremony may not be permitted to participate.
Registration desk opening hours:
The registration desk will open at 1pm.
At the registration desk you will:
- Present your student ID card
- Receive your program booklet (marked with your name and reserved seat number)
- Receive your guest tickets (each graduate is allocated up to 4 guest tickets)
- Get dressed in your hired academic dress
During the ceremony
You should be seated in your allocated seat at least 20 minutes before the ceremony. So that each student is presented in the correct order to the Presiding Officer, it is essential that you sit in the seat number that you have been allocated. Please do not swap or change where you sit.
Accepting your congratulations certificate on stage
- Ushers will direct you throughout the ceremony process and will adjust your academic dress before you ascend the stairs onto the stage.
- We suggest you receive your certificate with your left hand so you can shake the Presiding Officer's right hand.
- Once you receive your certificate, you will 'tip your cap' (by raising your cap slightly with your right hand) to the Presiding Officer before descending the stage.
Students are expected to stay until the end of the ceremony to support fellow classmates.
A professional photographer will take photographs of you as you receive your certificate and these will be provided to the South Coast Register.
After the ceremony
All graduates and their guests are invited to attend a reception following their ceremony, where you can mingle with other graduates and enjoy light refreshments. This is generally held in the East Foyer.
Return your academic dress
Your academic dress must be returned no later than two and a half hours after your ceremony starts.