Information about Graduating
Upcoming Graduation Ceremonies for 2018
|18 - 20 July 2018||Faculty of Business and Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences|
|30 - 31 October 2018||Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts, Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health and the Faculty of Social Sciences|
|12 -14 December 2018||Faculty of Business and Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences|
Click on the Key Dates button for additional information for the above ceremonies.
July 2018 Graduation Ceremonies - Composition Of Ceremonies
|Ceremony 1||Wednesday 18 July 2018 - 9.45am||Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences|
|Ceremony 2||Wednesday 18 July 2018 - 2.30pm||Faculty of Business & Faculty of Engineering and Information Sciences|
|Ceremony 3||Thursday 19 July 2018 - 9.45am||Faculty of Business|
|Ceremony 4||Thursday 19 July 2018 - 2.30pm||Faculty of Business|
A list of awards to be presented at each ceremony:
CHANGING YOUR ATTENDANCE IN SOLS
To avoid paying the Graduation fee if you are not attending your ceremony, you can change your status to "not attending" in SOLS. This must be done by 1 July 2018 (for July ceremonies). Here is how step by step.
1. Go into SOLS
2. Click on Graduation, then Graduation Application
3. Click on the box "Review"
4. Click on the box "Change Attendance"
5. In Part A, click on the box relevant to you (I wish to attend / or I do not wish to attend)
6. Click continue
Note: students are not able to change their ceremony to another time in the year, unless under exceptional circumstances (work, holidays etc are not considered exceptional circumstances).
PAYING YOUR GRADUATION FEE
The Graduation Fee of $160 will be applied on 9 July to students attending their ceremony in July. There are a number of ways to pay your grad fee:
- Log into SOLS, click on Fees, then Fee Statement, then click on the link for ePayment
- See the Fees website for a full list of options
Students have until 15 July to pay their graduation fee.
CAN'T LOG INTO SOLS?
- Try using your barcode on your student card to login
- Call the IMTS student labs on 42392000
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and state your full name, username, name of course that you studied, your student number and home address. This is for security purposes.
YOUR OFFICIAL ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
Your testamur (certificate), transcript and Australian Higher Education Statement will be posted to students via DHL (and third parties) for all Faculties in August 2018. Please ensure that your address is correct in your graduation application as your documents will be sent to that address.
Graduation is held four times a year: April, July, November and December. Faculties of Business and Engineering and Information Sciences are held in both July and December. Faculties of Law, Humanities and the Arts, Science, Medicine and Health and Social Sciences are held in April and November.
Click here to find out what happens on the day of your ceremony.