Information about Graduating
April 2018 Graduation Ceremonies - Composition of Ceremonies
April's ceremonies will be graduates from the Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts, the Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health and the Faculty of Social Sciences.
A list of degrees/awards to be presented at each ceremony will be available here on 2 March 2018 for the April 2018 graduation ceremonies to be held from 17-20 April 2018.
CHANGING YOUR ATTENDANCE IN SOLS
To avoid paying the Graduation fee if you are not attending your ceremony, you can change your status to "not attending" in SOLS. This must be done by 25 March 2018 (for April ceremonies). Here is how step by step.
1. Go into SOLS
2. Click on Graduation, then Graduation Application
3. Click on the box "Review"
4. Click on the box "Change Attendance"
5. In Part A, click on the box relevant to you (I wish to attend / or I do not wish to attend)
6. Click continue
Note: students are not able to change their ceremony to another time in the year, unless under exceptional circumstances (work, holidays etc are not considered exceptional circumstances).
PAYING YOUR GRADUATION FEE
Once the Graduation fee has been raised in April 2018 (for the April 2018 ceremonies), there are a number of ways to pay your grad fee:
- Log into SOLS, click on Fees, then Fee Statement, then click on the link for ePayment
- See the Fees website for a full list of options
Students have until 8 April to pay their graduation fee.
CAN'T LOG INTO SOLS?
- Try using your barcode on your student card to login
- Call the IMTS student labs on 42392000
- Email email@example.com and state your full name, username, name of course that you studied, your student number and home address. This is for security purposes.
YOUR OFFICIAL ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS
Your testamur (certificate), transcript and Australian Higher Education Statement will be posted to students via DHL (and third parties) for all Faculties in January 2018. Please ensure that your address is correct in your graduation application as your documents will be sent to that address.
Graduation is held four times a year: April, July, November and December. Faculties of Business and Engineering and Information Sciences are held in both July and December. Faculties of Law, Humanities and the Arts, Science, Medicine and Health and Social Sciences are held in April and November.
Click here to find out what happens on the day of your ceremony.