Payment of graduation fees
The current graduation fee for students attending their ceremony must be paid at least one week prior to your ceremony. Students will be sent an SOLS mail regarding payment for the graduation fee.
Please refer to the fees website for payment options.
WHAT DOES THE FEE COVER?
Your graduation fee assists with the cost of:
• Hire of academic dress
• Trencher or bonnet to keep (your hat)*
• Guest tickets
• Graduation programs for you and your guests
• Light refreshments for you and your guests
• Hall hire and presentation
• Other costs associated with the ceremony
*Due to hygiene reasons from July 2017 all students will be provided with a UOW custom made trencher or bonnet to keep.
- If you purchase your own academic dress, you are still required to pay the graduation fee that includes the trencher or bonnet.
- If you are graduating from multiple degrees in different ceremonies, fees apply to each ceremony you are attending.
If you have exceptional circumstances and cannot attend your graduation after the cut-off date and you have already paid, or if you paid the fee but are ineligible to graduate, you can submit a refund form to Student Central. Refunds for non-attendance will only be considered in exceptional circumstances which do not include things like work, holidays, car breakdown or change of mind.