Domestic undergraduates

Domestic undergraduate fees

Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP)

What is CSP?

  • All domestic undergraduate students holding Australian or New Zealand citizenship or holders of an Australian permanent visa (including Humanitarian) living in Australia are eligible for a CSP.

What does it mean?

  • The Australian Government subsidises your tuition fees by up to 75%.

More information?

Your student contribution (What you have to pay)

How do I pay? (Payment options)

When to pay (Pay by the census date)

  • Decide on a payment option and then pay by the census date.
  • The census date is the last date to pay your fee for the session. 
  • Check your Fees Statement in SOLS as each session as a census date.

Late or non-payment


Understanding your Fee Statement

Your Fee Statement shows a breakdown of all charges and payments involving your tuition fees (except for any fees which have been deferred to HELP Loan).

Check your fees online

  1. To check your fees online (updated every 24 hours), log onto SOLS.
  2. Select 'Fee Statement' from left hand menu.
  3. The simple view that appears will only show any outstanding balances you have.

Understanding your Common Assistance Notice (CAN)

What is CAN?

  • The Commonwealth Assistance Notice Statement is a summary of payments and deferrals made by a student who is receiving any form of Commonwealth Assistance (such as a Commonwealth Supported Place).

Where to find your CAN

  • You can access your CAN on SOLS 28 days after the census date for each study period.

More about CAN

Have a problem with your CAN? (Issues, errors, need help?) 

  • If there are any issues with your fee or CAN statement, you must dispute the errors in writing to our Fees Team.
  • Contact Student Central for information.

Domestic student fees help

Last reviewed: 12 September, 2018