Looking for a shorter international experience?
Our Short Course programs provide students with the opportunity to study (or intern) overseas for a shorter period of time – usually 2-8 weeks during our summer or winter semester. Check out some of the amazing opportunities below.
- Take the benefits of exchange without the longer-term commitment
- Programs tailored specifically for your major area of study
- Add international experience without delaying your graduation
- Make use of your holidays by travelling and studying, while gaining credit towards your degree
- Differ your program fee through HECS if studying at a partner university.
November 2019 UOW undergraduate students with an interest in French language and culture, the politics and history of the Pacific region, and the sciences have the opportunity to travel to New Caledonia with an Australian Government Grant of up to $3000. Find out more..
Program dates: November 16 - December 1 2019
Expressions of Interest Due: May 17 2019
Short courses & internships
Types of programs:
- Partner University: A number of UOW’s exchange partner institutions offer short courses/internships over summer or winter. Short courses at UOW partner institutions are not ‘exchanges’, as students are required to pay fees directly to the host university for the program
- Third Party Provider: UOW works directly with several external organisations who provide internship and short course opportunities over UOW's summer or winter sessions.
There are No UOW Deadlines for short course applications unless a student wishes to be considered for a UOW travel grant (Winter: 15th April, Summer: 15th September). Students must apply by the overseas deadline as outlined on the short course information.
June - September
November - February
Short Courses and internships run throughout the year
UOW Subjects involving an Overseas Component