Looking for a shorter international experience?
Our Short Course programs provide students with the opportunity to study (or intern) overseas for a shorter period of time – usually 2-8 weeks during our summer or winter semester. Check out some of the amazing opportunities below.
- Take the benefits of exchange without the longer-term commitment
- Programs tailored specifically for your major area of study
- Add international experience without delaying your graduation
- Make use of your holidays by travelling and studying, while gaining credit towards your degree
- Differ your program fee through HECS if studying at a partner university.
This three week course is a wonderful opportunity open to all Business and LHA students, for you to receive elective credit and to explore a whole new continent! Find out more..
Program dates: July 14 – August 2, 2019
Application Deadline: May 3 2019
Short courses & internships
Types of programs:
- Partner University: A number of UOW’s exchange partner institutions offer short courses/internships over summer or winter. Short courses at UOW partner institutions are not ‘exchanges’, as students are required to pay fees directly to the host university for the program
- Third Party Provider: UOW works directly with several external organisations who provide internship and short course opportunities over UOW's summer or winter sessions. Students are strongly advised to seek advice from their faculty on the likely formal recognition of any program undertaken through an external organisation. NOTE: If you are from the School of Law please contact your faculty as credit may not be granted from 1st January 2018
Students choosing to do an internship or program with an organisation not listed below need to undertake their own checks as to the organisation's bona fides. Regardless of whether UOW has a working relationship with an organisation or not.
There are No UOW Deadlines for short course applications unless a student wishes to be considered for a UOW travel grant (Winter: 15th April, Summer: 15th September). Students must apply by the overseas deadline as outlined on the short course information.
June - September
November - February
Short Courses and internships run throughout the year
UOW Subjects involving an Overseas Component