Travel Grants & Financial Support

Centrelink (Youth Allowance) 

Many full-time students are eligible to receive payments whilst your on exchange. Visit the Australian Department of Human Services Website or a local Centrelink Office for further information. 

  • Youth Allowance is an income support payment if you’re 16 to 24 and a full time student.
  • Austudy is the main income support payment if you’re 25 or older and a full time student. 
  • ABSTUDY is financial help for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students. 


Last reviewed: 5 September, 2018