Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Strategy) Travel Grant Requirements
Students wishing to receive a UOW DVC (GS) travel grant must commit to do the following:
- Do a minimum of 4 hours of promotional volunteering upon return to UOW at events such as the Exchange Fair, Pre Departure events, targeted information sessions, orientation events, open days and discovery days; and
- Partake in a promotional event or activity whose purpose is to promote UOW at their host university if required.
AND either of the following:
- Write a blog during your exchange placement for use by the Office of Global Student Mobility through Facebook and the UOW Outbound website (note: blogs must have a minimum of four entries over one semester, each one page minimum in length and include topics such as classes, campus activities and travel): OR
- Do a photo journal and submit at minimum of 50 high resolution photos of your exchange experience that can be used for promotional purposes by the University of Wollongong (note: minimum of 50 photos must be delivered to OGSM via Dropbox and must be a minimum resolution of 3000 x 2000 megapixels). OR
- Create a 5 min video for promotional purposes of your exchange experience (note: videos can be via Youtube or as a Windows Media Player mp4/wmv file format).
Payment of your travel grant will be made into your nominated bank account upon your arrival at you host institution, conditional upon you meeting the following requirements -
- You must be formally accepted by your host institution;
- You much achieve satisfactory results in the current session at the University of Wollongong and meet all other program obligations, including attending all pre-departure meetings, in accordance with Section 10 (Authorisation Statement) of the International Exchange Program application;
- You must confirm that you have arrived at the University by returning the UOW Confirmation of Enrolment form.