Travel Grants & Financial Support

Can I afford it? 

Yes! While you are away on an Exchange program you continue to pay tuition to UOW, not the overseas university. You will pay for your airfare, visas, overseas accommodation and any applicable host uni fees.

Some short term programs may incur a fee, but the below funding options may be available to assist with associated costs of undertaking UOW overseas programs.

There are a number of funding options to assist students in studying overseas 
these include:


  • Students are only eligible to receive either a UOW Travel Grant or an Australian Government Travel Grant, not both.
  • Students can receive an OS-Help loan with any Travel Grant.
  • Only domestic students (Australian citizens or permanent residents) are eligible for Australian Government Travel Grants, an OS-Help loan or Youth Allowance.



Last reviewed: 5 September, 2018