Apply for semester exchange
All students -local, international, undergraduate and postgraduate- may be eligible to go on a semester exchange.
You must be able to demonstrate that you have the academic background and personal qualities needed to become a successful exchange student. All applicants must meet the following general requirements, as well as any specific requirements of the host university they are applying for.
- To qualify for participation in the Semester Exchange Program, you must be currently enrolled in a degree program at UOW.
- You must be of good academic standing. The minimum requirement is a "credit" average (65%), with no subjects completed below a "Pass" grade at UOW.
- If you have a "Pass Conceded", "Pass Restricted" or "Fail" grade on your academic record and can demonstrate extenuating circumstances, you may still be considered. You will need to submit an additional statement and proof of these circumstances at the time of your application.
- You must complete the equivalent of at least one full-time year of study (48 credit points) at UOW by the time you go on exchange.
- Students who are applying to complete the final session of their degree on exchange may have their graduation delayed.
Postgraduate (Coursework) Students:
- You must be enrolled in a course which has a minimum completion time of at least two years full-time
- Students will usually need to have completed one full-time session of postgraduate study at UOW (or have completed their undergraduate degree at UOW ) before applying to the Exchange Program
- Students must be enrolled full-time, in a suitable academic program, at the host university
- Students must be able to demonstrate serious academic goals for their exchange.
- The ability to assess and exhibit appropriate behaviour in a variety of situations.
- Social and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- The ability to cope personally with the challenges of living in a different country. This includes adjusting to different cultures, systems, lifestyles and living conditions.
- The ability to cope with overseas study and maintain a high academic standard.
- Capacity to act as an ambassador of UOW and Australia.
- Willingness to abide by the rules and regulations of the Exchange Program.
Please contact the Office of Global Student Mobility if you would like to discuss your eligibility before submitting an application.