Overseas Health Cover (OSHC)

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)

As an international student, it is a requirement of your student visa that you have student health cover for the duration of your study in Australia.

Bupa is UOW's chosen OSHC provider

When you have received your initial offer to study at UOW, you will have the option to allow UOW to organise OSHC (through our preferred provider Bupa).

This can be arranged as follows:

  1. When you have paid the full amount of tuition (and OSHC fees) to the University, UOW will advise Bupa that you have paid your fees; and
  2. Bupa will then register you as a member and issue a membership card which will be sent to your Australian postal address (if you do not have an Australian postal address, your card will be sent to UOW or the UOW College).

If you do not wish to use Bupa as your OSHC provider

  • You will need to organise OSHC through another provider to ensure you meet the requirements of your student visa.
  • Important: it is your responsibility to ensure that your OSHC is current and is for the duration of your student visa.

What does Bupa OSHC offer?

Bupa offers cover for a range of services. Some are:

More information:

How to claim Bupa

Important: you will need to fill ‘Medical Certificate’ when claiming for any hospital admission or medical consultation within the first 12 months of membership.  

Contact Bupa / Renew Bupa membership / Get a quote

  • Email: OSHCOnCampusTeam@bupa.com.au
  • Mobile: 0438 775 433
  • Locations:
    • Wollongong Campus: Student Central, Building 17 (Mon to Fri: 11:00 to 13:30 and 14:00 to 15:30).
    • South Western Sydney Campus: Ground Floor, 33 Moore Street, Liverpool
    • Sydney CBD Campus, Sydney Business School UOW: Level 8/9 and 18 Gateway Building, 1 Macquarie Place, Circular Quay 
  • Bupa Service hotline 1800 888 942


Last reviewed: 4 October, 2017