Are you a third party needing to verify a student's credentials? If yes, the following student verification options are available to you:
1. Public graduation roll
The information you need may be available on the University's public graduate roll. The public graduate roll lists student names, qualifications, awards and dates of graduation.
2. Official UOW documentation
UOW issues students with official Academic Transcripts and/or Australian Higher Education Statements. Official UOW documentation has multiple security features for authentication purposes, they are:
- A hologram bearing proprietary imaging affixed to the lower right corner of documentation. This applies to documents issued from August 2015.
- A watermark of the University crest should be visible when the document is held up to the light. This applies to documentation issued from December 2016.
- Two lines of microprint will exist on an official document (under magnification a repeating 'University of Wollongong' should be visible). This applies to documents from August 2015.
3. Online Enrolment Record Profile
If students are alumni without password access to their account, they can login using their student ID barcode.
4. Education Verification
If the information is not available from the options above, or you need to request additional student information, to ensure UOW complies with Australian Privacy Laws:
- Please complete a Consent to release Student Information Form, and obtain a signature from the student; and
- Provide a completed and signed copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. My eQuals - Digital Academic Documents
UOW is working towards making digital academic documents available to graduating (onshore) students late in 2018, through My eQuals - a shared third party portal being implemented by 47 universities across Australia and New Zealand. My eQuals allows universities to host and authenticate digital academic documents, and students to securely view and share their documents with third parties, enabling quick and easy access to the certified digital document for education verification purposes.
Further information about how third parties will be able to use My eQuals for education verification purposes will be provided once UOW starts issuing digital documents to its students. In the meantime, you can find out more about My eQuals here.