GWP 800: Global Workplace Practice is CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE
GWP 800: Global Workplace Practice is an intensive subject designed to meet the employment aspirations of international students undertaking work in Australia. This 6 credit point subject combines theory and practice by giving students workplace experiences that develop their skills and intercultural competency.
In this subject students will:
- undertake an internship or industry-based project (a minimum of 48 hours and a maximum of 140 hours is to be completed in addition to class contact time during session).
- identify requirements of employers and businesses in order to participate in recruitment processes
- acquire and develop work-based learning skill sets
- develop cultural awareness and business communication skills
- apply discipline specific knowledge in a practical workplace setting
- use career management tools to develop and communicate professional qualities in future job seeking contexts
Spring Semester 2017 enrolment applications are open now.
Students from the Business faculty need to enrol in GWP 900.
Are you eligible to undertake GWP 800?
To be eligible for GWP 800 you must meet the following criteria:
- international students studying one of the approved postgraduate courses
- completed a minimum of 48 credit points at time of enrolment
- eligible to work in Australia whilst participating in the subject
- completed the Expression of Interest form below
Places in this subject are limited. Entry is competitive and based on academic merit & individual assessment.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements above, complete the Expression of Interest form below.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by email
- Shortlisted candidates may be subject to an interview
Applicants who apply late will be put on a waiting list and will be notified immediately as places become available.
Questions? Email your enquiry or book an appointment with a lecturer: email@example.com.
We're located in building 11, level 1, room 127 (above NAB and Unishop). Open during session and recess.