IMPORTANT: Please notify Financial Services on firstname.lastname@example.org or on phone (02) 4221 5971 as soon as possible if you become aware of a situation that may lead to a claim.
The University currently maintains a Volunteer Insurance Policy. This policy provides cover for declared volunteers of the University whilst on volunteer work on behalf of the University.
Protection is subject to certain terms, exclusions, conditions and limitations which can be viewed in the Policy Wording and Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
All Volunteers of the University must complete a Volunteer Acknowledgement with the event coordinator and/or supervisor. These forms are then kept within the Faculty/Department. In the event of a claim the Volunteer will need to provide a copy of this form with their claim to show that the Volunteer was authorised.
We recommend that Faculties/Departments keep a record of the number of volunteers that work on their behalf as it is important to declare this to Financial Services annually during the insurance renewal process.
Volunteers DO NOT include UOW students on work experience placement at host organisations. See further information on Student Work Placements.
Please consult the FAQs below and should you still have questions about insurance for UOW Volunteers please email your specific query to: email@example.com.
Please note that the following FAQ's are to be used as a guide only. You should read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), Policy Wording and Policy Schedule to be fully aware of the inclusions, exclusions and policy terms and conditions.
- Who is covered under the University's volunteer insurance?
- What is the difference between work experience & volunteer work?
- How do I make a claim?
Volunteer work is when a member of the community offers their services to the University without being paid.
- Complete the Volunteers Claim Form above - attach a copy of the Volunteer Acknowledgment form that was completed before you commenced.
- Attach all other supporting documentation i.e. receipts, quotations, medical certificates etc.
- Forward the completed form and documentation to Financial Services, Building 36, University of Wollongong, Wollongong, NSW 2522, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Wollongong releases a variety of tenders, requests for proposals and expressions of interest.