Summer Research Scholarships
The Summer Research Scholarships program at The University of Wollongong (UOW) gives undergraduate students an exceptional opportunity to experience what academic research is all about. Projects are available in the School of Chemistry and Molecular Bioscience, School of Earth, Atmospheric and Life Sciences.
- Are you a current undergraduate student at an Australian or New Zealand university (other than UOW)?
- Are you passionate about science and have aspirations to do a postgraduate research degree in the future?
- Are you looking for an exciting, challenging and rewarding summer scholarship surrounded by like-minded people in a fantastic location?
If this is you, we look forward to hearing from you!
WHAT DO THE SCHOLARSHIPS OFFER?
- An 8-week full-time research project commencing 25 November 2019 and finishing 7 February 2020. There will be a three-week break over the Christmas period from 14 December to 5 January.
- Paid accommodation for the duration of the Scholarship up to the value of $3,200 (8 weeks). You will be located in modern, vibrant campus facilities centrally located in the heart of the seaside city of Wollongong.
- Return economy class airfares (or equivalent travel) to a maximum value of $500 plus an optional second airfare home for the Christmas break.
- $300 stipend per week for the duration of the Scholarship (8 weeks).
- Supervision by internationally renowned researchers in high-quality research facilities.
- Participation in exciting research projects designed to solve complex, real-world problems. View 2019/2020 Research Projects.
WHEN DO APPLICATIONS OPEN?
Applications for the 2019 - 2020 program are now closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to go on the mailing list for updates about next year's program.
WHO CAN APPLY?
All applicants must meet the criteria below:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident (international students studying in Australia or NZ are not eligible to apply).
- Currently enrolled full-time at an Australian or New Zealand university (UOW students are not eligible to apply).
- Currently studying a relevant undergraduate degree at second-year level or higher (first-year students are not eligible to apply), or a relevant honours degree, or the first year of an MRes degree (second year MRes students are not eligible to apply).
- Interested in future studies towards honours or higher research degrees.