FEI Mark IV Vitrobot
The FEI Mark IV is the fourth generation of sample vitrification robot from FEI. The robot controls environmental conditions, blot times, and plunge freezing to produce a consistent ice thickness for frozen vitrified samples. The Vitrobot is available to all UOW and external customers free of charge with proper training.
- Extremely consistent vitrified ice for frozen samples
- Enclosed controlled environment with a working temperature of 4-60 C (Peltier controlled) and able to maintain relative humidity at 100% with ultrasonic humidification
- Small volume sample application with user defined software control of multiple sample applications, application time and wait time
- Adjustable blotting parameters include the number of blot actions, blot duration, longitudinal grid positioning, and drain time between blotting and vitrification steps
- Automated shutter control, grid and coolant container positioning