COVID-19 notice on international enrolment
We recognise that COVID and subsequent travel restrictions may impact the ability of international students to arrive in Australia to commence their studies. We are doing all we can to minimise the impact of the pandemic on your studies. This means providing delivery of our courses remotely, and allowing you to enrol online.
Once you have received your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE), please complete the Enrolment Registration Form. Once we have received your complete form we will be able to request the approval of remote enrolment with your Faculty and process your enrolment accordingly.
International HDR student enrolment process
Before arriving in Australia
- Accept your offer and pay your fees Formally accept your offer by completing the Acceptance Agreement and return it with the fees payable in order to receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) Find out more.
- Organise your visa Once you have received your eCoE, you will need to start your student visa application to ensure you are ready to study at UOW. Due to the COVID pandemic, student visa applications and/or processing times may be impacted. UOW recommends all visitors check the DoHA website for advice before applying for a student visa: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/ Please note students who are not in receipt of a valid Australian visa will not be eligible for remote enrolment.
- Clear your conditions: if you have conditions included within your degree offer, you will to need to clear these conditions prior to commencing your online enrolment. Please refer to your offer of admission for details on clearing your condition(s).
- Register for the HDR student orientation program
- Get your photo ready and ensure it meets our requirements
- Know your last day to enrol
- Come to campus – If you are in Australia you will need to visit the Graduate Research School (GRS), located in Building 20, Level 1. The GRS staff will activate the system so you can enrol online.
- What to bring:
- Letter of Offer
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment e(CoE)
- Know your student number - if you’re not sure what your student number is please refer to your offer of admission for details.
- Enrolling in your first year subjects:
- Degrees with coursework – Master of Philosophy, Master by Research, PhD (Integrated), Professional Doctorates. If you are unsure of the subjects you should be enrolled into please refer to your offer of admission for subject details. Students enrolling into coursework subjects are requested to confirm the subject codes with their supervisors prior to commencing the enrolment process.
- Degrees without coursework – Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Philosophy (including a 24 credit point advanced standing) Doctorate or Master of Philosophy students enrolling into thesis/research component from the commencement of their degree must use the following subject codes, depending on the study load indicated in the offer of admission: Thesis (Full time) - THES924; Thesis (Part time) - THES912
- If you need to change your subjects following enrolment, you will need to email your Student Management Officer (SMO) to make this change for you. Contact details for SMO’s can be found here.
- Please note you must start attending classes by the second week of session at the latest and any subject enrolment changes after this time must be approved by the Head of School.
- Start your enrolment - if you have taken the necessary steps above you can now start your enrolment and activate your student account. To enrol click on the link below, you’ll need to enter your student number and date of birth.
- Scholarship - if you were successful in receiving a scholarship you will need to email your Student Management Officer (SMO) after you have enrolled. Please note your scholarship is required to start the same date you commenced your enrolment.
- Student Card – If you are residing in Australia, please go to Student Central located in Building 17, Ground Floor to request a print out of your student ID card after you have enrolled.