You agree that:
- University of Wollongong (UOW) has entered into an Agreement with Nationwide News Pty Ltd (News) for individual digital subscriptions to The Daily Telegraph and The Australian for those persons who meet the eligibility requirements under clauses below
- The subscription on offer is for a limited time and will expire on 18 February 2022, regardless of when its activated
- After the term, the University may elect not to continue with News. The university is under no obligation to renew the Agreement and provide you a subscription
- At the end of this period your subscription may be automatically renewed if UOW renews or extends its agreement for successive 12 months period with News on substantially the same terms and you continue to meet UOW’s eligibility criteria.
- You will receive news-related electronic communications from News as well as other communication directly related to your subscriptions
- Limit of 1 subscription per user, not to be shared
- You should be a current student or staff at the University and;
- You have a university email address in the form of @uow.edu.au or @uowmail.edu.au
You must comply with the following conditions of use for your subscription:
- You cannot gift your subscription or transfer this subscription to another user
- You must not share your Subscription access with anyone either in or outside the University
- You can only use the Subscription content for non-commercial purposes (but this does not limit the University’s statutory licences or other uses permitted under Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)
- You will need to active your Subscription by becoming a direct subscriber with News using your University email address in clauses 5 and;
- You must not reproduce or re-purpose any content you access through your Subscription under any circumstances for commercial gain, unless otherwise permitted under relevant copyright laws of clause 6c
- To the extent permitted by law, the University does not accept liability of any loss, damage, expense and/or costs to you, howsoever arising from or in connection with your Subscription
- The University may direct News to terminate your Subscription if it reasonably believes that you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions. In these circumstances, you agree that the University may provide your personal information, such as your full name and email address to News to perform the termination of your Subscription.
- The University may suspend or terminate your access to the Subscription at any time without prior notice if it suspects a security breach
- The University does not accept liability for any loss, damage, expense and/or costs to you howsoever arising in the event of suspension or termination of your Subscription either by the University or News
Termination and suspension:
- The University's Policy on Use of University Information, communication Technology Resources terms apply for the purpose of your Subscription
- The University will collect and store your full name and a record of your agreement to these terms and conditions of our internal auditing purposes and/or protect, enforce or defend legal rights of the University
- The University may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time and you will be notified of these changes on this page
Offer terms for digital campus subscriptions:
University of Wollongong (UOW) digital campus subscription offer available to University of Wollongong (UOW – "your provider") staff and students only (in accordance with UOW’s eligibility criteria) and sign-up is required using your UOW email address. Each user will get unrestricted digital access to The Daily Telegraph, The Australian and other News Corp Australia (News) mastheads.
Limited to the first 30,000 users to activate their subscription. No payment by the user is required on this subscription. Subscriptions are valid for up-to 52 weeks and regardless of when they are activated they will take effect no earlier than 19 February 2021 and will end on 18 February 2022.
At the end of this period subscriptions will be automatically renewed if UOW renews or extends its agreement for successive 12 month periods with News and the relevant user continues to meet UOW’s eligibility criteria. UOW or News may cancel any digital subscription at any time if subscriber is in breach of terms and conditions. News may notify UOW when a subscription is activated and may disclose users’ personal information such as name and email address.
This offer does not include access to Rewards+, The Australian Plus rewards program or digital subscription to The Wall Street Journal. Users will also receive customer life cycle and editorial newsletters as part of this subscription. Limit of one digital subscription per person; subscriptions are not transferable; not to be used in conjunction with any other offer; subscription is for digital content only; physical newspapers are not included.
Full digital subscription terms and conditions apply – see The Australian terms and conditions, and The Daily Telegraph terms and conditions for full details.