The University of Wollongong is continuing to follow all government advice and direction in its response to COVID-19, and the UOW Library is playing its role in supporting UOW’s response.
For up-to-date information regarding the University of Wollongong’s preparation and response to COVID-19, please visit the UOW COVID-19 response update page.
Library facilities and services
Access to campus libraries
The Wollongong Campus Library remains open during opening hours. Please see the regional and metropolitan campus library pages for opening hours at your campus.
Please do not visit the Library if you are unwell.
Changes to services
Document Delivery services may also experience some limitations where other libraries are closed, however, our staff will continue to source these requests where possible.
Hygiene and social distancing measures
If you choose to visit Library spaces at this time, please apply the recommended hygiene and social distancing measures we have implemented to help limit the spread of any illness:
- Stay home and get tested if you are unwell.
- Face masks are highly recommended when you cannot physically distance, indoors or outdoors.
- Wash your hands well and often, and be conscious of any surfaces or resources you may touch.
- Avoid hugging or shaking hands.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
Access Library services online
Many online services already exist for accessing services and using collections, including:
- Live Chat - instant message a librarian from any UOW Library webpage
- Library SEARCH - over 450,000 ebooks, 260 databases and more than 90,000 electronic journals
- Subject Readings
- Library FAQs – a knowledge base of frequently asked questions
- Finding information - A library guide to help you find scholarly resources
- Digital Learning Objects (DLOs) including videos and interactive tutorials
- UOW Library guides – find research help and information on subject-specific databases
- Referencing & Citing
- Learning Co-op Online - resources and peer support to answer questions about your studies
- Book a consultation – for UOW staff and higher degree students (including honours)
- Research Online
- Archives Online
Live Chat | firstname.lastname@example.org | 02 4221 3548 | Contacts for regional and metropolitan campus libraries
You can rely on us for expert help and advice in meeting your information needs. We are well positioned to provide an extensive range of online Library services and collections for learning, teaching and research.
– Margie Jantti, Director Library Services.