This Summer Session, the Library is introducing a new Subject Readings tool that integrates more seamlessly with Moodle. It is currently being piloted with a group of academics over Spring Session. The new tool provides improved functionality and flexibility to build your reading list, significantly improving the user experience for you and your students.
The new tool allows you to:
- organise, edit and update your own list
- add notes to citations
- embed readings throughout Moodle
- view student usage analytics
- enable student discussion about readings
- maintain copyright compliance
- roll over resources to the next semester.
For students, the new tool allows them to access readings directly in Moodle and offers other student benefits such as the ability to keep track of what they've read.
For the upcoming Summer Session 2021/2022 you can either:
- request your readings from last year (which you can check and edit in the new system), or
- create a new list for your subject.
Are you ready to get started now?
The first step is to create the subject Moodle site, then head to the Subject Readings guide to get started.
For Summer Session, it would be ideal to have your reading list submitted by Friday 5 November to enable us time to order or digitise materials required for your subjects.