2019 University Preparation Program (UPP)
Improve your HSC study skills and explore your post-high school opportunities- Applications now open!
The Year 12 University Preparation Program (UPP) runs over two school terms from the 29th April- 27th September, 2019 and is designed to support you with your HSC study skills and allow you to experience a taste of UOW student life whilst still in Year 12.
Benefits of the program include:
- Up to 30 hours of free subject-based group study sessions with our In2Uni Mentors (who have achieved a Band 5 or higher in that particular subject)
- A guaranteed Admissions Interview to study at UOW upon successful completion of the UPP
- Face-to-face and online study skills development
- Assistance completing your post school admissions and UAC online applications
- Mentoring to explore post-high school options, including higher education and pathways options based on your Year 12 academic performance
- Super Study Days- to prepare you for your HSC exams and transitioning from high school to what comes next
2019 UPP Dates and Times*
All campuses run UPP from week commencing Monday, 29th April- week ending Friday, 27th September 2019.
- Wollongong Campus: Wednesday- 1:30pm-3:00pm or 4:00pm-5:30pm, or Thursday- 1:30pm- 3:00pm
- Five Islands Secondary College: Thursday- 3:45pm-5:15pm
- South Western Sydney (Liverpool) Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm- 5:30pm, or Thursday-2:00pm-3:30pm
- Southern Highlands Campus: Tuesday- 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Batemans Bay Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Bega Campus: Tuesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Eden Marine High School: Thursday- 2:30pm-3:30pm
- Shoalhaven Campus: Tuesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm or Wednesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
*Please note the above is the proposed delivery schedule and is subject to change
- Free for students from In2Uni sponsored high schools
- Free for students who meet the equity criteria listed below
Who can apply?
You are invited to apply to the Year 12 UPP if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be completing your HSC or IB in 2019 at a high school in the Illawarra/South East/South Western Sydney Region
- Your academic performance in Year 11 indicates that, at this time, you are unlikely to achieve the results you need to get entry to your preferred university degree
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, you must be attending an In2Uni sponsored school, OR meet one of the following criteria:
- Completing the HSC in a rural or remote area**
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- On a permanent humanitarian visa or have refugee status
- Currently experiencing financial hardship, disability/mental or physical health condition or social disadvantage that have impacted on your studies**
** You may be asked to provide details of these circumstances at a selection interview for the program. Please contact us for more information if you are unsure whether you qualify.
Application Information & Process
- Please ensure you have the following documents or details ready before commencing your UPP application form:
- Your Student BOSTES number
- A completed and signed Grade Verification Form
- A copy of your Australian birth certificate or passport; OR a copy of your Visa Grant Notice if you are a permanent resident or on a humanitarian Visa.
- Please read the program Terms and Conditions before completing the application.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements above, please complete the online registration by clicking on the blue button below before Friday, 1st March 2019.
- You will receive a notification email or phone call stating the outcome of your application by the end of March 2019.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON FRIDAY, 1ST MARCH 2019
- Call us on (02) 4221 3450
- Email us