Improve your HSC study skills and explore your post-high school opportunities
The Year 12 University Preparation Program (UPP) runs over two school terms, and is designed to support you with your HSC study skills and allow you to experience a taste of UOW student life whilst still in Year 12.
Benefits of the program include:
- Up to 30 hours of free subject-based tutoring sessions with our In2Uni Mentors (who have achieved a Band 5 or higher in that particular subject)
- A guaranteed Early Admissions interview to UOW*
- Face-to-face and online study skills development
- Assistance completing your Early Admissions interview and UAC online applications
- Mentoring to explore post-high school options, including course options based on your Year 12 academic performance
- Mock Interview and Mock Exam Super Study Days- to prepare you for your HSC exams and UOW Admissions interview under accurate conditions
* = The fine print
Students will be offered a guaranteed Early Admissions Interview with one UOW faculty upon successful completion of the University Preparation Program, dependent on their academic performance (may not be for the course student lists in their Admissions application). Students must also meet the published Early Admissions indicative criteria for the course they apply for or will be offered an interview to complete a UOW Pathways Program in lieu of a UOW degree.
Dates and times
All campuses run UPP from week commencing Monday, 30th April- week ending Friday, 28th September 2018.
- Wollongong Campus: Wednesday- 1:30pm-3:00pm or 4:00pm-5:30pm, or Thursday- 1:30pm- 3:00pm
- South Western Sydney (Liverpool) Campus: Wednesday- 3:30pm- 5:00pm, or Thursday-1:30pm-3:00pm
- Southern Highlands Campus: Tuesday- 4:30pm-6:00pm
- Batemans Bay Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Bega Campus: Monday- 3:30pm-5:00pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Shoalhaven Campus: Wednesday- 4:00pm-5:30pm or Thursday- 4:00pm-5:30pm
- Free for students from In2Uni sponsored high schools
- Free for students who meet the equity criteria
Applications now open (until February 2018)
For students wanting to apply to Shoalhaven, Batemans Bay or Bega campuses, please contact the campus teams directly for application details (please do not use the below form).
Wollongong, Southern Highlands and South Western Sydney students, please use below application form:
Application Information & Process
You are invited to apply to the Year 12 UPP if you meet the following criteria:
- You must be completing your HSC or IB in 2018 at a high school in the Illawarra/South East Region
- Your academic performance in Year 11 indicates that, at this time, you are unlikely to achieve the results you need to get entry to your preferred university degree
In order to be eligible to participate in the program, you must be attending an In2Uni sponsored school, OR meet one of the following criteria:
- Completing the HSC in a rural or remote area**
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- On a permanent humanitarian visa or have refugee status
- Currently experiencing financial hardship, disability/health condition or social disadvantage that have impacted on your studies**
** You may be asked to provide details of these circumstances at a selection interview for the program. Please contact us for more information if you are unsure whether you qualify.
- Call us on (02) 4221 5557
- Email us