Visiting Research Student Program Application - Terms and Conditions
PRIVACY AND DISCLOSURE
1. I declare that all the information I have given in this application is true, correct and complete, and is not false or misleading. I understand giving false or misleading information is a serious offence under state and/or federal law in Australia.
2. I declare that the signature on this form is my signature, and has not been signed on my behalf by another person, including my agent or sponsor.
3. I agree to tell UOW College (“College”) and/or the University of Wollongong (“University”) immediately if there is any change to the information I have given in this application.
4. I understand the College/University reserves the right to vary or reverse any decision made on the basis of incorrect, incomplete, false or misleading information which I may have provided, including in some circumstances, termination of my enrolment.
5. I declare that I have not been excluded or subject to disciplinary action at any tertiary institution. 6. I understand that the College/University may obtain official records from any educational institution I have previously attended or my employer.
7. I authorise any institution or organisation named on any document provided as evidence of my qualifications or work experience OR which are named in my application, to release to the College/University any personal information which they may hold about me for the purpose of verification of my supporting documents.
8. I authorise the College/University to release any personal information they may hold about me to any other educational institution which is seeking to verify my student conduct or academic record for the purpose of determining my eligibility for admission to, or enrolment at, that institution.
9. I understand and accept the terms and conditions in the Privacy General Consent and Disclosure Statement which can be viewed at: http://www.uow.edu.au/legal/privacy/UOW089606.html
10. If the payment for my course is made by a sponsor (a third party paying my tuition fees or nominated by me as my sponsor), I agree to the release of all information to my sponsor regarding my application and subsequent enrolment including my subject results, progress reports, and enrolment details (including contact details).
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS
11. College applicants: I have read and understand the College’s Fees and Refund Policy at: www.uowcollege.edu.au/policies
12. University applicants: I have read and understand the University’s Fees Policy (including refunds) at: http://www.uow.edu.au/ about/policy/UOW058686.html
WHILE I AM ENROLLED AT THE COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY
13. I agree to be bound by all the Rules and Regulations and any relevant policies of the College/University.
14. I agree to advise the College/University of my residential and postal address and mobile telephone number in Australia and of any change in my contact details.
WHILE STUDYING ON A STUDENT VISA AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
15. By nominating an agent, as listed in the “contact address for correspondence”, to represent me in my application to the College/University, I agree to the release of all information relating to my application and subsequent enrolment at the College/University to my nominated agent, until such time as this nomination is revoked by me in writing.
16. I understand the College/University reserves the right to vary or reverse any decision made on the basis of incorrect, in- complete, false or misleading information which I or my agent/ sponsor may have provided, including in some circumstances, termination of my enrolment.
17. I understand that any information provided to the College/ University may be made available to Australian Commonwealth and state government departments and agencies, pursuant to the College/University’s obligations under Australian or state law, including the ESOS Act 2000 and the National Code. This information may also be made available to any company or organisation in which the College/University arranges a private or public work placement or practicum. This information includes, but is not limited to, changes to my enrolment and any breach of a student visa condition relating to attendance or satisfactory academic performance.
18. I have read and understand the description of the ESOS framework made available electronically by DEEWR at: https://internationaleducation.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
19. I understand my obligation to, and I agree to, maintain Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the course.
20. I agree to advise the College/University of any studies that I am undertaking or will undertake at any period with another provider which coincides with a period of study I am applying to undertake or undertake at the College/University. I understand that should I have obligations to another provider, the College/ University is unable to offer me enrolment. I understand that I must present any documents requested by the College/University to confirm my status.
21. I understand I must enrol in a study pattern that allows me to complete my course within the course duration set in my Confirmation of Enrolment (COE).
22. As the holder of a student visa, I understand and agree to abide by all the requirements of the student visa.
23. If I am not the holder of a student visa, I understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that the visa I hold permits me to undertake the course in which I enrol at the College/University.
FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS WHILE STUDYING ON A STUDENT VISA AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT
24. I agree to provide any financial information requested by the College/University for the purpose of the College/University assessing my financial ability to undertake a course of study.
25. I declare that I have access to funding: • for the payment of all fees for the course which I am under- taking at the College/University; and • for the living expenses of myself and my dependants in Australia for the duration of the course or courses which I have been offered, at an expected amount per individual of $15,000 per year (for Wollongong) and $20,000 per year (for Sydney).
26. I declare that I am not relying on employment in Australia during or following my course to pay any part of my tuition and living expenses for myself and my dependants.
27. I understand that I am required to pay all tuition fees in full for my course prior to the census date for each session/trimester/term of study, and that failure to make payment by the required date may result in the termination of enrolment in my course and notification to the Department of Immigration, who may cancel my student visa.
28. I understand that, in the event that I am unable to pay for my tuition or living expenses in Australia for myself or my dependants, the College/ University is not obliged to provide any financial assistance (including in the form of a tuition fee waiver (partial or whole), tuition fee deferral or living expense support, medical expenses, legal expenses, or leave of absence consideration) and that as a non-citizen of Australia, I do not have access to Australian government support.
29. I understand that if I have a school-aged dependant, I will be required to pay full fees if that dependant is enrolled in a pre-school, child care centre, government school or nongovernment school.
30.I understand that the College/University will not act as a financial guarantor for me, and I am solely responsible for all expenses incurred by me and my dependants, including as the result of legal action, while I remain in Australia on a visa issued for the purposes of studying at the College/University, whether or not I have completed the course or remain enrolled at the College/University.
31. This agreement, and the availability of complaints and appeals processes, does not remove my right as a student to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws.
32. I understand that these terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales and I agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
33. I understand that if my VRP project generates Intellectual Property (IP), I understand that such IP will be dealt with in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures at UOW as detailed at www.uow.edu.au/about/policy/UOW058689.html