How to apply

Applying to UOW as a mature-age student

As a mature-age student, in most cases you have a choice about how you apply*.  You may apply directly to UOW using our online form, by filling out an application form, or through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).  Make sure you check out the Application closing dates page and get your application in on time to avoid missing out on a place.

Nursing and Education

*Applications for the Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Nursing Advanced, Bachelor of Pre-Medicine and all undergraduate Education^ degrees must be made through UAC.  For more information about applying through UAC, please refer to the UAC website.

^Note. Direct applications for the Bachelor of Education- The Early Years will be accepted for the Wollongong, Shoalhaven, Batemans Bay and Bega campuses. Students have the option to either apply direct to UOW, or via UAC.  

Which application method is best for you?

Benefits of applying directly to UOW

When you apply directly to UOW, you will be assigned a Case Officer who will manage your application from first receipt, through to your offer acceptance.

There is no application fee when applying directly to UOW.

NB: Applications for the above* degrees must be made through UAC.

Benefits of applying through UAC

When applying to UOW through UAC, you can list up to five course preferences, including courses at other universities. 

Fees apply for UAC applications.

Entry requirements

The entry requirements for UOW degrees vary.  Make sure you check out the Entry Requirements page for more information.  There are also many ways to satisfy these requirements at UOW, including university preparation programs through UOW College, TAFE or other AQF recognised qualifications.  Our range of entry pathways will suit wherever you're at in life.    

Valid applications

In order to submit a valid application you must provide  a minimum level of documentation, including appropriate supporting documents and transcripts from previous study. For all academic records, applicants must submit original or certified copies of documents (either in hard copy or electronically).  Students currently completing their tertiary qualifications need to provide proof of enrolment by attaching at a minimum, proof of enrolment in your current session of study.  Certified copies of academic records must then be provided at enrolment. Students must also provide proof of citizenship.    

Rewards - Scholarships

We have many scholarships, some of which reward academic and sporting excellence, community involvement, indigenous students or simply for relocating to Wollongong. We also have scholarships specifically for mature-age students.

Last reviewed: 15 August, 2018