Study in Australia | Information for Malaysian students

Recognition of Study Completed in Malaysia 

Secondary School Qualifications 

Students who achieve the required mark, in any of the following programs, are eligible to apply for entry to the University of Wollongong (UOW):

  • The Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
  • Senior Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
  • South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
  • Higher School Certificate (HSC)
  • Australian Matriculation Program (AUSMAT)
  • Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
  • International Baccalaureate
  • General Certificate of Education (GCE) A-Levels
  • SAT Program
  • American College Test (ACT)
  • Ontario Secondary School Diploma

Students studying some of the above programs are able to apply for Selective Entry if the availability of their final exam results or certificate causes a delay in enrolling at UOW.

Foundation & Diploma Studies

The University of Wollongong (UOW) accepts results from recognised Foundation years and pre-university programs offered in  Malaysia; contact UOW Future Students for details of the requirements. 

Formal credit transfer agreements are also in place with a number of Malaysian institutions. Please note, if your college or program is not listed under the formal credit transfer agreements, you are still able to apply for credit transfer by submitting your syllabus and subject descriptions with your application.

Malaysian University Qualifications

Levels of achievement are as applied to an Australian degree e.g. a 60% requirement means a 60% average mark or equivalent marking system in a degree at an Australian university. Equivalent levels of achievement from institutions with different marking or mark distribution systems are also considered if an application is made. The ranking or standard of individual institutions will be taken into account in such overseas equivalence documents.

Last reviewed: 3 February, 2017