Frequently asked questions

Getting certified copies of documents for your Early Admission application

To have a document certified, you should take the original and a copy to an authorised person. The person must then write on every page of the copy document a statement like: "I have sighted the original document and certify that this is a true copy of the original."

The person should sign each statement and provide their designation, for example, "Pharmacist."

Authorised persons include:

  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a police officer
  • a barrister, solicitor or patent attorney
  • a principal of an Australian Secondary College, High School or Primary School
  • a postal manager
  • a pharmacist
  • a medical practitioner
  • a bank manager
  • an accountant

These documents must be official school documents. They cannot be hand written notes from teachers, or your exams/assignments with a mark written on them.



Last reviewed: 10 July, 2015