The Graduate Research School liaise with the Facilities Management Space Utilisaton Team to organise desks for PhD and Masters students once enrolled. PhD Integrated students are allocated a desk once they have completed their coursework subjects (after the first year). To apply for an office, you will need to contact the Facilities Management Space Utilisation Team via email@example.com.
Hot Desks are available for PhD Integrated students. These desks are not allocated and are on a first come first served basis. Please note some of these desks have computers and some do not.
The Faculty currently have a dedicated hot desk area on Level 2 in Building 6. Hot Desks are also available in the HDR Rooms within the Library, Building 16. Please see the Library reception staff for a PIN code to access this space.
The Faculty of Engineering & Information Sciences has approximately 100 research laboratories. Access to these laboratories is available for student use during normal business hours and, in special circumstances, after hours. If you require access to these labs, you will be required to:
- Complete online EIS Induction Assessment Quiz. The quiz uses the Moodle platform and questions are based on the EIS Laboratory Safety Manual. A UOW user name and password will be required to complete the quiz. A certificate is produced once a pass mark has been achieved. EIS Induction Assessment Quiz and the EIS Laboratory Safety Manual are both located on the EIS Health and Safety web page.
- Undertake local area lab induction with Laboratory Technical staff or appropriate Training Officer and complete EIS Laboratory Induction/WHS Induction Acknowledgement form.
- To apply for access to secured labs (swipe card, pin code or key) or for After Hours Lab access, complete the Laboratory Access Application form, located on the EIS Health and safety web page.
- The application form must be signed by the appropriate Training Officer and Academic Supervisor before presenting to the Technical Operations Manager for sign off.
- Note: After Hours Access to EIS laboratories will only be granted under special circumstances and will be assessed against risk.
To re-issue a lost card or key, you will need to complete a Statutory Declaration and email the Facilities Management Space Utilisation Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that replacement fees will apply.