Who should I contact about my degree program?
For general and discipline specific matters please contact your discipline adviser or coordinator
What are the recent changes in my degree program?
From 2013 onwards, ENGG361 Project and Business Management has been deleted from the degree programs and will no longer be offered.
- Instead of ENGG361, Civil Engineering and Environmental Engineering students must enrol in
ENGG461 Managing Engineering Projects as a core subject.
- Instead of ENGG361, Mining Engineering students must enrol in a List A elective subject.
Q. How can I get my degree map?
For 2013 degree maps, please click on the following:
How do I get information about Professional Experience (ENGG454)?
A. For requirements, enrolment, approval, reporting, assessment, exemption and public liability please view the Professional Experience Guidelines (PDF). If you require further information, please contact the respective subject coordinator.
How do I get information about Professional Options (ENGG255/ ENGG355/ ENGG455)?
For requirements, enrolment, approval, reporting, assessment, exemption for ENGG255/ ENGG355/ 455 please view the Professional Experience Guidelines. If you require further information, please contact the respective .
Should I enrol in Thesis (ENGG452/ ENGG453) or Project (ENGG456/ENGG457)?
- If you commenced your engineering course prior to 2010 and have completed 120 cp, you may enrol in either ENGG452 Thesis or ENGG456 Project.
- If you commenced your engineering course from 2010 onwards and have completed 120 cp and:
- If your Weighted Average Mark (WAM -using Method 2) is greater than 64%, you may enrol in either ENGG452 Thesis or ENGG456 Project;
- If your WAM is greater than 75%, you may enrol in either ENGG452 (ENGG453) Thesis or ENGG456 Project;
If your WAM is less than or equal to 64%, you must enrol in ENGG456 Project A. High achieving students in ENGG456 Project A may articulate to ENGG457 Project B in order to continue with the project started in ENGG456 Project A.
Where can I get information if I want to study abroad?
For detailed information please contact Study Abroad. For approval of the proposed subjects, please contact the respective Discipline Adviser.
What are the credit transfer arrangements for University of Newcastle (UoN) students enrolling in Mining degree at the University of Wollongong?
Students who complete University of Newcastle Mining Transfer Program will be eligible to enrol in the BE Mining degree at University of Wollongong and receive full credit, while students substantially completing the Mining Transfer Program (i.e. only one or two subjects outstanding) may be accepted for enrolment on the approval of the Head of Students of Engineering at UOW.
Detailed information on the agreed credit transfer arrangements