Information for Staff and Supervisors
Attaching PASS to a subject should:
- Reduce rates of attrition
- Improve student grades
- Assist students in successfully transitioning into tertiary study
- Assist students in developing independent and transferable study skills
In addition, PASS also benefits students by:
- Providing students with an opportunity to evaluate their knowledge against their peers
- Filling gaps in students' timetables with structured study
- Enhancing communication and group work skills
- Providing student employment
- Helping students connect with their peers
To learn more about PASS@UOW please read the FAQ or the staff comments page.
If you are an academic at UOW and would like more information about attaching PASS to your subject, please contact the Student Partnerships and Transitions Team.
The University of Wollongong is the National Centre for PASS in Australia. The Centre aims to provide leadership, training and resources to support the implementation and sharing of best practice around PASS/SI amongst institutions from the Australasian region. For more information about the National Centre, visit the National Centre Website.