Year 11 Future Me is made up of two exciting components, an in-school workshop and an opt-in mentoring program. They are designed to provide students with knowledge and practical tips catering to their future plans.
Year 11 Future Me
Thank you for your interest. Applications will open for 2022 Year 11 Students early next year.
About the Year 11 Future Me Program
Year 11 Future Me has two exciting components delivered by In2Uni Mentors. The two components of the program are as follows:
- An in-workshop aim to reinforce the awareness of post-high school options with students and inform them of practical ways to achieve them. (Non-compulsory to apply for online mentoring program)
- An exclusive opt-in online mentoring program for students to pursue, leading students through a "Developing Your Pitch" Program and an exploration of Entrepreneurship, Developing a Business Pitch and Higher Education & University opportunities available beyond school to ignite these interest areas.
The mentoring program will focus on the idea and skill of delivering a "Pitch", focusing on advanced skills in practicing, polishing and pitching a business idea to a panel of experts. Students benefit from hands-on training and experience, learning what works and how to sell an idea and vision succinctly to excite and inspire interest.
The program includes peer-to-peer pitching opportunities, presentation training and mentoring, culminating in a final pitching event on UOW campus at iAccelerate to put it all in to practice in front of industry experts, university staff, families and friends at a celebration pitch event.
Additionally, throughout the program, students will gain mentoring and a strong awareness of higher education pathways options and programs for them to pursue post-school. The will gain insights into best strategies in pursuing various higher education goals, gain mentorship on what life is like as a university student, gain tips and useful resources in understanding how to enhance your understanding and pathway opportunities towards your post-school study and career goals.
- Guaranteed admission into either the 2022 Year 12 Summer Master Class or Year 12 Future
Me Program (Conditions apply and criteria*)
- Exclusive access to a Year 11 HSC Preliminary English Subject Webinar delivered by HSC
Markers to improve your final Year 11 exam preparations and boost your 2022 UOW Early
- Receive a 'Certificate of Completion' to add to your student portfolio
- Increased confidence, skill development and awareness of developing a business pitch, post-school options and
pathways ahead beyond the HSC!
|Session||Date||NSW school term week|
|1||Week of 19 July - Monday or Tuesday sessions||Term 3: Week 2|
|2||Week of 16 August - Monday or Tuesday sessions||Term 3: Week 6|
|3||Week of 13 September - Monday or Tuesday sessions||Term 3: Week 10|
|4||Week of 18 October - Monday or Tuesday sessions||Term 4: Week 3|
|5||Week of 22 November - Monday or Tuesday sessions||Term 4: Week 8|
|6||November or December - End of program "Pitch Event" (date to be confirmed)||To be confirmed|