Year 11 Future Me is made up of two exciting components: an in-school workshop and an opt-in online mentoring program. They are designed to provide students with knowledge and practical tips catering to their future plans.
Year 11 Future Me
Applications for the Year 11 Future Me Online Mentoring Program will open in Term 2 of 2023.
About the Year 11 Future Me Program
Year 11 Future Me has two exciting components delivered by In2Uni Mentors for our In2Uni partner high schools:
- An in-school workshop aims to reinforce the awareness of post-high school options with students and inform them of practical ways to achieve them.
- An exclusive opt-in online mentoring program for students to receive insight into skills that will enhance their senior school experience and guide them on their post-school pathways.
In the opt-in online program students will receive mentoring from current UOW students and develop a stronger awareness of higher education pathways or programs for them to pursue beyond high school.
Mentors take student interests into consideration as they deliver the program. Mentors will teach exam preparation tips, strategies for pursuing goals after high school, and offer guidance on life as a university student.
Students will gain confidence and useful resources to enhance their understanding of how to navigate their post-school study and career goals.
- Exam preparation tools and skill development under the guidance of our In2Uni mentors who have achieved a Band 5 or higher in one or more HSC subjects.
- Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a guaranteed place in the 2024 January Summer Master Class Program* or the 2024 Year 12 Future Me Program.
- Personalised mentoring to explore post-high school options, including university, TAFE, employment or apprenticeships.
- Opportunities to connect with mentors and ask questions on topics such as time management, maintaining a healthy balance and life beyond high school.
*Guaranteed entry for 2024 Summer Master Class Program is conditional on students meeting UOW subject grade entry requirements from Year 11 school assessment results
The opt-in mentoring program will take place over five consecutive weeks in late Term 3 and will finish before Year 11 exams. It will be held after school and online via Zoom.
Students must attend at least four of the five sessions to successfully complete the program.
Each weekly session will cover a different topic and have a Q&A portion at the end for students to ask any questions they might have.
Exact dates, more information on the topics, and the link to apply for the opt-in mentoring program can be found below.
Monday 7 August or Tuesday 8 August
What brings you to this program? Q&A session to guide future discussions and content.
Mentors will share their post-school experiences related to studying, travel and employment.
Participants will learn a useful reflection tool to help them prepare for the next steps.
Monday 14 August or Tuesday 15 August
Get Exam Ready
Key organisational considerations to do well in school and into the future:
|3||Monday 21 August or Tuesday 22 August||Expand Your Experience||How to make yourself stand out from the crowd when applying for university, apprenticeships, or other programs/employment.|
|4||Monday 28 August or Tuesday 29 August||Choose Your Future||
A session outlining the different options available to students after Year 11.
|5||Monday 4 September or Tuesday 5 September||Wellbeing and Goal Setting||
Year 11 & 12 are marathon, not a sprint
Setting goals and working towards them. What would you like to accomplish moving forwards?
You must be attending an In2Uni sponsored school to submit an application for the Year 11 Future Me Program.
The Year 11 Future Me Program is free for all eligible students offered a place in the program in 2023.
Applications for the 2023 online mentoring program will open in Term 2 of 2023.