We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and to show you personalised advertising. To find out more, read our privacy policy and cookie policy

Coffee for a cause tin

Coffee for a cause

Each year the UOW community comes together for some caffeinated fun, raising funds for students who have experienced social or financial disadvantage.

Funds raised go to the UOW Transforming Futures Scholarships*. Made possible through generous gifts from UOW alumni, staff and donors, these scholarships recognise the capacity of ALL students and support our undergraduates to make the most of their higher education. 

This year, we are continuing the tradition and moving the event online – Join us for our first ever virtual Coffee for a cause! The event is taking place on Wednesday 7 October 2020 and registrations are essential. Register here.

Previous years

Your support in previous years has been phenomenal, with more than 400 staff attending events held at Wollongong and our regional campuses.

By coming together over a cuppa, the UOW community was able to raise over $5500. This amazing contribution will allow us to assist students in transforming their futures and pursue their academic dreams. Furthermore, the opportunity allows these students to give back to others in the future and fosters a community of philanthropic champions.

Lady at morning tea
People outside at Morning Tea
Man in photo frame
Two people in frame
Lady in frame for Coffee for a Cause morning tea

During the 2019 campaign, we were generously supported by the following cafes:

• Gypsy Jones
  • Hemingway
  • Panizzi Café
  • Rush
  • Rush 2
  • Rush Junior
  • Ugly Duckling
  • UOW Shoalhaven, Café on Campus

Thank you all for your kindness and generosity. 

*formerly known as the Learning and Development Scholarships

Making a difference

Suellen was the 2019 Transforming Futures Scholarships recipient and shares what the scholarship means to her. “The scholarship gave me the opportunity to fulfil a life-long dream – not only for myself, but for my mother and grandmother too. I would like to say a big thank you to the donors to the scholarship program."

Read Suellen's full story Transforming Futures Scholarship
Close