Do you know where to find things? This WATTLE teaching and learning resource hub provides links to information about UOW professional development, recognition, strategy and policy, curriculum and teaching resources, as well as external links regarding teaching and learning in higher education. Members and colleagues are warmly invited to submit relevant resources for inclusion.
- General Journal list * – the UOW Library maintains a list of titles relevant to the scholarship of teaching and learning as well as discipline based T&L Journals. You can find the list in the ‘Support for Learning & Teaching’ Library Guide under the ‘Evaluate’ tab, ‘Sharing and publishing’.
- JUTLP – UOW Journal of University Teaching & Learning Practice
- Research Online – browse more UOW Journals
* Journal list developed by Professor Patrick Crookes in conjunction with the UOW Library – maintained and updated by the Library.
- Professional Development in Learning & Teaching – LTC provide a range of online modules and workshops to support professional developement in Learning & Teaching
- Accreditation for Learning and Teaching – LTC also offers Continuing Professional Development (L&T) Portfolio accreditation for probation and promotion
- PODS – Professional & Organisational Development Services – offers Staff Development Programs
UOW’s Learning, Teaching & Curriculum Unit (LTC) support Educational Development, Resource Development, Curriculum Development, Learning Development and Recognition programs
Recognition – Grants & Awards
- OCTAL Awards – The Vice-Chancellor’s awards for Outstanding Contribution to Teaching and Learning recognise UOW staff achievement in T&L excellence at UOW. Nominations are open all year round with OCTALs awarded annually.
- AAUT – Australian Awards for University Teaching are supported by the Department of Education and Training (previously OLT) – includes National Citations, Awards for Programs that Enhance Learning and Awards for Teaching Excellence.
- ESDF Grants – The Educational Strategies Development Fund – provides UOW staff with an opportunity to resource innovative teaching and learning projects. Applications are called for annually around August/September.
Support for UOW and National Teaching & Learning grants and award programs is facilitated by the Grants & Awards Office within LTC. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone ext. 5012 for assistance.
- UOW internal funding opportunities
- Research Grants & Fellowships – funding opportunities
- UOW Grants Calendar
- Australian Competitive Grants Register
- PIVOT – Sign up to PIVOT and register for funding notifications regarding specific areas of interest
Teaching Development Resources
- UOW Library Guide – Support for Learning and Teaching
- ERDA – Educational Resource Development Agreement – program offers fee-free resource development for Faculty or Divisional projects aligned with UOW priorities
- Curriculum Transformation at UOW
- TEL Resources Hub – The Technology Enhanced Learning resources hub provides documentation support for the UOW Learning Platform
- Learning Analytics – optimise learning through the capture and analysis of data
- Course Management – Course Toolbox
Policies and Strategies
- Teaching and Learning Policies at UOW
- UOW Standards & Quality Framework for Learning and Teaching
- UOW Strategic Plan
- UOW Core Strategy for Education (2016-2020) – Under the UOW Strategic Plan, there are ‘Core Strategies’ which articulate actions to be taken under each strategic objective
UOW’s Academic Quality and Standards Unit (AQS) support institutional regulatory and quality compliance in higher education. More information about the external bodies that govern tertiary education can be found here: TEQSA, AQF and more
- Australian Government Department of Education and Training – Learning and Teaching
- HERDSA – The Higher Education Research and Development Association – is a scholarly society for people committed to the advancement of higher and tertiary education
- HEA – The Higher Education Academy, UK
- Universities Australia
- ALTF – The Australian Learning and Teaching Fellows network