2017 Annual Appeal
Thank you video from our students
Celebrating 10 years in 2017 the Learning and Development Scholarship Fund was created to finance scholarships supporting students in need. And every year we call upon our alumni and friends to support this initiative.
During our calling campaign this year we connected with over 2500 alumni with many choosing to support our Learning and Development Scholarships.
Over 100 students have benefited from the support of our generous alumni and friends towards their education. Many scholars are leveraging this opportunity to enhance their lives beyond their undergraduate degree.
Please watch the short video as some of our students express their gratitude.
The Learning and Development Scholarship program truly demonstrates philanthropy in action, as it is fully funded by donations from committed staff, alumni and community members determined to make a positive impact in the lives of our young people.
What began as a scholarship program offering single one-off scholarships valued at $1,000 now offers 10 new scholarships each year valued at $9,000 over three years.
The University is very appreciative of our sponsors who continue to support our the future of our students.
This year our focus is on these key initiatives.
Illuminate: Health and Medical Research
A mission to work tirelessly to solve complex, real-world problems.
Your gift will:
- Support UOW's dementia researchers in their endeavours to examine what is needed to ensure a better quality of life in later years.
- Assist in the search for early and accurate testing to develop drugs that will target diseases.
- Support our cancer researchers in their exploration for solutions for better clinical practice and preventative health.
Elevate: supporting our future
UOW is committed to all students both current and future through the Learning and Development Fund:
A mission to ensure that social and economic disadvantage does not hinder students university aspirations.
Your gift will:
- Create scholarships valued at $3,000 per annum for three years to support disadvantaged students of all ages.
- Open study opportunities for students with disabilities, low socioeconomic backgrounds or those supporting a family.