Are you an epidemiologist, biostatistician or work in a related field? Would you like to be part of the Illawarra Shoalhaven Epidemiology Biostatistics (IS_Epi_Bio) Network?
The IS_Epi_Bio network is a group of epidemiologists, biostatisticians and those working in a related field (e.g. data analysts, data scientists and statisticians) in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven regions.
The network is convened by Dr Luise Lago (Biostatistician, CHRISP UOW) and Dr Victoria Westley-Wise (Clinical Epidemiologist, Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District) and focuses on professional development and networking. Each quarterly meeting includes a presentation from a member or guest speaker on relevant topics, with a focus on technical methods.
Examples of previous presentations:
- May 2019 - Investigating functional decline at the end of life: An application of segmented regression and Locally Weighted Scatterplot Smoothing (LOWESS) – Sam Allingham (Australian Health Services Research Institute, UOW)
- August 2019 - Exploring the use of mediation analysis to identify causal pathways and intervention targets to improve maternal and child health – Dr Danielle Schoenaker (School of Medicine, UOW)
- November 2019 - Causal Modelling and Inverse Probability Treatment Weighting (IPTW) - Walt Davis (PowerLab, School of Health & Society UOW)
- July 2020 - Statistical Modelling Techniques for Understanding Trajectories of Long-term Care Use Across Later Life – Dr Md Mijanur Rahman (Australian Health Services Research Institute, UOW)
- November 2020 - COVID-19 epidemiology and the Illawarra Shoalhaven public health response - Dr Victoria Westley-Wise (ISLHD/CHRISP)
- March 2021 - Assessing efficacy of the Illawarra Shoalhaven High Risk Foot Service using Propensity Score Matching - Joseph Holliday (Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District)
- March 2021 - Propensity Score Matching for control selection - Stephen Moules (Australian Health Services Research Institute, UOW)
- July 2021 - An overview of Social Network Analysis (SNA) - Professor Alberto Nettel-Aguirre (Centre for Health and Social Analytics, UOW)
- December 2021 – Patterns of mental health and alcohol and other drug service use after attending ED with an amphetamine-related presentation - Dr Briony Larance (UOW School of Psychology) and Stephen Moules, (Australian Health Services Research Institute, UOW)
- March 2022 – Validation of hospital frailty risk score to predict hospital use in older people: Evidence from the Australian Longitudinal Study on Women’s Health - Dr Dinberu Shebeshi (Australian Health Services Research Institute, UOW)
- May 2022 – Linked Sensitive Data – a Beginners Guide. Dr Felicity Flack (Population Health Research Network, University of Western Australia)
For further information or to join the IS_Epi_Bio mailing list, contact:
Dr Luise Lago, email@example.com, or ph: 4221 5835
Dr Victoria Westley-Wise, Victoria.WestleyWise@health.nsw.gov.au