CHRISP provides a sophisticated information platform, known as the Illawarra Health Information Platform (IHIP), to connect data for health and medical research in the Illawarra. These data are available for use in ethically approved research projects which aim to improve the health of the population of the Illawarra and beyond. CHRISP supports three streams of research, ISLHD priority-driven, investigator-driven and research capacity building.
Criteria used to prioritise potential research projects include:
- Alignment with the priorities of the Local Health District
- The potential impact of findings and translation into policy and practice
- Capability and capacity building e.g. expertise, collaborations, evidence
- Strength, rigour and appropriateness of research design
- Resources required e.g. team time, funding, third party data
- Research output
(L-R) Prof Kate Curtis, Clinical Director of CHRISP, Prof Judy Mullan, Academic Director of CHRISP, Prof Belinda Goodenough, CHRISP Centre Director
Research projects & publications
Early Intervention: Knowledge and resources to improve educational outcomes for students requiring multi agency support for mental health and well-being
Research team: M Townsend (UOW), L Lago (CHRISP) B Grenyer (UOW), N Pai (ISLHD), D Alcorn (ISLHD), S Moules (CHRISP), B McAlister (ISLHD-CHRISP), K Barr (UOW)
Aim: To understand how we can intervene more effectively in the school and other settings to support students with mental health difficulties, self-harm or suicidal behaviours sing an evidence-based approach
Health pathway discovery, conformance and enhancement - appendicitis as an archetype
Research Team: S Craig (ISLHD), D Mordaunt (Southern Adelaide Local Health Network), K Davis (ISLHD), P Yu (UOW), N Hitige (UOW), T Song (UOW), B Ashford (ISLHD)
Aim: Apply process mining (which uses machine learning) to clinical data from appendicectomies performed between July 2010 and June 2020 for patients presenting to ISLHD hospitals.
Trend analysis of frequent attenders at Illawarra Shoalhaven Emergency Departments
Research Team: L Lago (CHRISP), T Carrigan (ISLHD), V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW), F Facci (ISLHD), R Zingel (ISLHD), K Eagar (AHSRI)
Aim: Describe trends in ED attendances among frequent attenders at ISLHD EDs over the last 15 years, and determine whether the patient profile of frequent ED attenders has changed over the last 15 years, e.g. which discrete patient cohorts are increasing.
Trends and patterns in unplanned readmissions to Illawarra Shoalhaven hospitals
Research Team: V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), J Potter (ISLHD), W Yeo (ISLHD), L Lago (CHRISP), R Zingel (ISLHD), F Facci (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), K Eagar (AHSRI)
Aim: This project involved analysis of 15 years of ISLHD data to describe trends and patterns in readmissions, with a focus on potentially avoidable hospitalisations.
Assessing end-of-life patterns and quality of care
Research Team: K Eagar (AHSRI), V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), G Barclay (ISLHD), Z Nangati (ISLHD), K Cope (ISLHD), J Davis (ISLHD), S Moules (CHRISP), E Davis (CHRISP)
Aim: This project leverages information from multiple routinely collected datasets to assess the need for, access to/ utilisation and quality of palliative and end-of-life care among Illawarra Shoalhaven residents, to inform the planning and delivery of related ISLHD services/ interventions.
Assessment of the uptake of maternal and child health services following comprehensive primary care assessment (SAFE START model): a pilot study
Research Team: J Claridge (ISLHD), V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), B Suesse (CHRISP), C Frohmuller (ISLHD), B Atkins (ISLHD), A King (ISLHD), J Budd (ISLHD)
Aim: The aim is to evaluate the implementation of the NSW Maternal & Child Health Primary Health Care Policy and SAFE START model, in terms of referral and uptake rates of women giving birth in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven who have identified risk factors/ vulnerabilities, and identification of related service gaps.
Health Care Use among Patients with Mental Disorders in the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District
Research Team: N Pai (ISLHD), V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), B Suesse (CHRISP), J Cuenca (ISLHD), L Lago (CHRISP)
Aim: The aim of this study is to identify factors (e.g. sociodemographic, service, diagnostic) associated with increased, and persistently increased, health care use among patients with mental disorders.
Antimicrobial resistance stewardship in residential aged care
Research Team: A van Oijen (UOW), S Miyakis (ISLHD), M Byrne (UOW), J Fish (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), B McAlister (ISLHD-CHRISP), P Newton (ISLHD), S Crawford (ISLHD), S Miellet (UOW)
Aim: To better understand what influences the inappropriate use of antibiotics across the community sectors, as well as the barriers to responsible use of antibiotics by a range of members including consumers, aged care providers and agricultural farmers.
The Health Impacts Research Cluster – Chronic Kidney Disease Study (HIRC-CKD)
Research Team: H Hassan (ISLHD), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW), J Mullan (CHRISP), T Suesse (UOW), K Murali (ISLHD), A Lee (ISLHD)
Aim: The aim of this project is to explore factors that may be associated with development, progression and hospitalisation of chronic kidney disease (CKD) in ISLHD residents.
Evaluation of a Suicide Prevention Aftercare Service
Research Team: V Bliokas (UOW), R Sng (Grand Pacific Health), A Hains (ISLHD), T Heffernan (UOW), L Lago (CHRISP), B Grenyer (UOW), J Carter (ISLHD), F Deane (UOW), S Moules (CHRISP), B McAlister (ISLHD-CHRISP), S Liddle (Grand Pacific Health)
Aim: This project will evaluate the outcomes of the new community-based suicide prevention service.
A joint initiative of ISLHD, COORDINARE, UOW, Beyond Blue and Grand Pacific Health
The development of an alcohol management pathway utilising the existing Electronic Medical Records (eMR) to effectively manage patients with alcohol problems and improve the referral to specialist Drug and Alcohol Service
Research Team: P Yu (UOW), W Yeo (ISLHD), D Reid (ISLHD), X Feng (UOW), B Sinclair (ISLHD), S Bresnahan (ISLHD), P Lynch (ISLHD), M Irani (ISLHD), S Qian (UOW)
Aim: 1) What is the current journey of the patients with alcohol-related morbidity in ISLHD?
2) Will the inclusion of this evidence-based alcohol pathway into the eMR system effectively improve the referral of patients from ED and inpatient wards to the specialist D&A Service and reduce patient readmission to the ED and wards?
Increasing the capacity of a Local Health District to respond to methamphetamine-related harm: Developing an integrated model of care informed by linked data, and consumer and clinician views
Research Team: B Larance (UOW), S Adams (ISLHD), D Reid (ISLHD), P Kelly (UOW), L Lago (CHRISP), J Lappin (UNSW), L Robinson (UOW), S Moules (CHRISP), S Qian (ISLHD)
Aim: The over-arching study aims are: 1) To understand the prevalence and pattern of help-seeking for methamphetamine-related problems in ISLHD hospital and ED settings; 2) To detail the proportion of individuals presenting to ISLHD hospital and ED settings with methamphetamine-related harms who a) are referred to AOD services, and b) who attend AOD services following a referral from ED or inpatient hospital settings; 3) To understand the individual and clinical barriers to help-seeking and delivery of care for methamphetamine-related harms; 4) To develop a clinical framework for the future management of methamphetamine use in individuals who present to (non-AOD) ISLHD services.
Understanding regional variation in post-diagnostic outpatient and community health service use among people with dementia to inform health services planning
Research Team: L Lago (CHRISP), L Phillipson (UOW), J Potter (ISLHD), K Cappetta (UOW), L Yates (ISLHD), L Smith (UOW), K Eagar (UOW), E Davidson (ISLHD), S Moules (CHRISP)
Aim: to provide high quality, translatable evidence on the use of public outpatient and community health services by people living with dementia within the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD).
Exploratory study: Prevalence and responses to self-harm and suicidal ideation in primary school aged children
Research Team: M Townsend (UOW), P Kelly (UOW), C Miller (UOW/ISLHD), G Sanzone (ISLHD)
Aim: To 1) Estimate the prevalence of young people aged 5-17 in contact with ISLHD health services for self-harm or suicidal ideation, and 2) Understand care pathways and management of young people with health service contacts for self-harm or suicidal ideation
Hospital utilisation among patients with end-stage kidney disease on non-dialysis pathway before and after the commencement of renal supportive care services in ISLHD
Research Team: J Chen (ISLHD), H Mitchell (ISLHD), N Illic (ISLHD)
Aim: To determine whether renal supportive care service reduce hospital utilisation rates in patients with CKD and ESKD on a non-dialysis, conservative pathway. Project 1 examines hospital utilisation of CKD and ESKD patients known to renal supportive care service before and after referral to the service. Project 2 compares hospital utilisation of patients with ESKD on non-dialysis, conservative pathway known to renal supportive care service and matched control group not known to renal.
The prevalence of hospitalisations resulting from side effects associated with oral anticoagulants (Masters project)
Research Team: K Watts (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), L Lago (CHRISP), M Jordan (ISLHD), L Villalba (ISLHD)
Subacute bed demand and supply in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven Local Health District
Research Team: L Lago (CHRISP), G Murray (ISLHD), K Eagar (AHSRI), G Duck (ISLHD), N De Wit (ISLHD), V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP)
Peritonitis as an independent risk factor for cardiovascular events in the peritoneal dialysis population
Research Team: H Hassan (ISLHD), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW), J Mullan (CHRISP), M Lonergan (ISLHD)
The role of private health insurance in supporting the care needs of people with chronic illness’ (PhD Project)
Research Team: J Khoo (AHSRI), K Eagar (AHSRI), H Hasan (AHSRI)
Quick Sepsis related organ failure assessment compared to systemic inflammatory response syndrome for the recognition of Sepsis in the ED ’ (Medical Student Project)
Research Team: A Pearce (ISLHD-UOW), J Mullan (CHRISP), L Lago (CHRISP), W Triner (ISLHD)
Medication-misadventures resulting in admissions to the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local health District between 2011-2016, for people living with and without dementia (Masters Project)
Research Team: L Mohanan (UOW), J Mullan (CHRISP), J Potter (ISLHD), L Lago (CHRISP), M Jordan (ISLHD), P Burns (UOW)
An evaluation of a strategy designed to increase awareness about High Risk Medicines & its impact: on knowledge; awareness among healthcare providers; & on reported outcomes
Research Team: M Jordan (ISLHD), S Bond (ISLHD), K Watts (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP)
Recovery Camp: Evaluation of recovery camp on hospital presentations and admissions for mental health clients
Research Team: L Moxham (UOW), C Patterson (UOW), D Perlman (UOW), E Taylor (UOW), R Brighton (UOW), L Molly (UOW), N Cutler (UOW), B Hayes (ISLHD), E Barry (ISLHD), B McAlister (ISLHD-CHRISP)
The cost of BMI on procedural time - A quality improvement study assessing the impact of BMI on procedural times & relative cost in select non-urgent surgical procedures over a 12 month period
Research Team: L Freckelton (ISLHD), N Smith (ISLHD), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW), V Westley-Wise (CHRISP-ISLHD), L Lago (CHRISP), J Mullan (CHRISP)
Supplementary Evaluation of the Acute Rehabilitation Team (ART) Intervention
Research Team: A Shahzad (ISLHD), L Lago (CHRISP), G Murray (ISLHD), N Evry (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), J Potter (ISLHD), I Davidson (ISLHD)
Renal Resistive Index in assessment of risk and progression of chronic kidney disease
Research Team: S Davis (ISLHD), K Murali (ISLHD), D Huber (ISLHD), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW)
Exploring adverse medication events resulting in presentations and/or admissions to ISLHD facilities over the last 10 years (Public Health Student Project)
Research Team: K Watts (UOW), S Davies (UOW), J Mullan (CHRISP), P Burns (CHRISP), M Lonergan (ISLHD)
Antimicrobial Resistance Global Challenges: the evolving threat and impact to the Illawarra Shoalhaven population
Research Team: S Miyakis (ISLHD), A van Oijen (UOW), M Byrne (UOW), J Fish (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), B McAlister (ISLHD-CHRISP), P Newton (ISLHD), S Crawford (ISLHD), S Miellet (UOW)
Hospital outcomes in current smokers with presentations of adult community-acquired pneumonia
Research Team: M Rennie (ISLHD), V Abraham (ISLHD), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW)
To what extent do ISLHD admissions from the ED in 2016 include patients admitted in non-emergency situations?
Research Team: K Anderson (ISLHD), P Brown (ISLHD), S Fitzpatrick (ISLHD), A Smith (ISLHD), P Orr (ISLHD)
Cannabis-related hyperemesis during pregnancy: A scoping study
Research Team: S Sneddon (ISLHD), D Reid (ISLHD), J Pados (ISLHD), D Brown (ISLHD)
Investigating the possible link between Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug (NSAID) misadventures & Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) development (Honours Project)
Research Team: A Mooyman (UOW), J Mullan (CHRISP), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW), P Burns (UOW), L Lago (CHRISP), M Lonergan (ISLHD)
Healthcare interpreter utilisation: implications for clinical outcomes and costs (Masters Project)
Research Team: D Morris (AHSRI), L Vellar (ISLHD), F Mastroianni (ISLHD), J Krizanac (ISLHD), K Lambert (CHRISP-UOW), L Lago (CHRISP), J Mullan (CHRISP)
Changing the trajectory towards disease - A pre-interventional matched cohort study of the children of gestational diabetic pregnancies
Research Team: I Wright (ISLHD), B Moses (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), D Schoenaker (UOW)
Aim: To define both established and novel cardio-metabolic differences in the offspring of gestational diabetic pregnancies, at mid-childhood to adolescence and to identify the age at which changes can be seen and the role of gender in these changes.
Comorbidity of serious mental illness and type 2 Diabetes - Do neighbourhoods matter?
Research Team: R Walsan (UOW), A Bonney (UOW), N Pai (ISLHD), D Mayne (ISLHD), X Feng (UOW)
Exploring the effectiveness of insulin therapy in preventing maternal and neonatal adverse outcomes in women with Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) (PhD project)
Research team: B Bastian (ISLHD), M Francois (UOW), L Smithers (UOW), B McAlister (ISLHD-CHRISP)
Presentations, characteristics of and service delivery for women who presented to the Emergency Department with early pregnancy bleeding in Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District. A 10 year retrospective study (PhD project)
Research team: B Trostian (ISLHD), K Curtis (ISLHD), A McCloughen (ISLHD), L Lago (CHRISP)
Improving the evidence base for effective suicide prevention using administrative health data by combining innovative statistical methods with clinical insight (PhD project)
Research Team: S Bird (UOW), K Eagar (AHSRI), L Lago (CHRISP), N Pai (ISLHD)
The effect of the nursing practice environment on patient outcomes (PhD project)
Research team: J Sim (UOW and University of Newcastle), L Lago (CHRISP), T Al-ghraiybah (UOW)
Examining service utilisation and the impact of Dementia identification on patient outcomes: a longitudinal analysis of hospitalisation guided by a collaborative process to promote knowledge translation (PhD project)
Research Team: K Cappetta (AHSRI), L Phillipson (AHSRI), L Lago (CHRISP), K Eagar (AHSRI), J Potter (ISLHD), M Coyle (ISLHD)
The relationship between cognitive function and treatment adherence in patients with chronic kidney disease-potential causes, impact on outcomes and trial of improvement strategies (PhD project)
Research Team: K Murali (ISLHD), J Mullan (CHRISP), S Roodenrys (UOW), M Lonergan (ISLHD)
EOL cancer care health service utilisation among patients in the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District: Does geographic variation play a role? (PhD project)
Research Team: J Cerni (UOW), A/Prof. Joel Rhee (UOW), H Hosseinzadel (UOW), Dr Greg Barclay (ISLHD), Dr Lorraine Chantrill (ISLHD), S Moules (CHRISP)
- Suesse B, Lago L, Pai N. (2021) Are people with treatment resistance among those requiring high inpatient mental health care? A longitudinal casemix profile from an Australian regional area. Commentary paper published on-line. Australian & NZ Journal of Psychiatry https://doi.org/10.1177/00048674211049990
- Bonney A, Metusela C, Mullan J, Barnett S, Rhee J, Kobel C and Batterham M. (2021) Clinical and Healthcare Improvement through My Health Record usage and Education in General Practice (CHIME-GP): A study protocol for a cluster-randomised controlled trial. Trials, 22: Article Number 569
- Davis S, Murali K, Huber D, Lambert K (2021) Elevated renal resistive index is independently predicted by older age, but not by the presence of chronic kidney disease: A retrospective cohort study. Internal Medicine Journal. Published on-line DOI: 10.1111/imj.15542
- Westley-Wise V, Moules S, Masso M, Barclay G, Nangati Z, Allingham S, Davis J, Eagar K (2021) Who needs, receives and misses out on palliative and end-of-life care? A population-based study to identify needs and gaps in a regional health service. Australian Health Review https://www.publish.csiro.au/ah#OnlineEarly
- Hoffman R, Mullan J, Bonney A (2021) Motherhood and medicine: systematic review of the experiences of mothers who are doctors (letter to the editor), Medical Journal of Australia, https://doi.org/10.5694/mja2.51093
- Hoffman R, Mullan J, Bonney A (2021) An analysis of current maternity leave policies for doctors in training, Australian Health Review. https://doi.org/10.1071/AH20322
- Skyring T, Mansfield K, Mullan J (2021) Factors Affecting Satisfaction with the Decision-making Process and Decision Regret for Men with a New Diagnosis of Prostate Cancer. American Journal of Men's Health DOI: 10.1177/15579883211026812
- Morris D, Lambert K, Vellar L, Mastroianni F, Krizanac J, Lago L, Mullan J (2021) Factors associated with utilisation of health care interpretering services and the impact of use on length of stay and cost: A retrospective cohort analysis of audit data. Health Promotion Journal of Australia, doi/10.1002/hpja.373.
- Metusela C, Dijkmans-Hadley B, Mullan J, Gow A, Bonney A (2021) Implementation of a patient centred medical home (PCMH) initiative in general practices in New South Wales, Australia. BCM Family Practice https://bmcfampract.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12875-021-01485-x
- Murali K, Mullan J, Roodenrys S, Hassan HC, Lonergan M (2021) Changes in measures of cognitive function in patients with end-stage kidney disease on dialysis and the effect of dialysis vintage: A longitudinal cohort study. PLOS ONE https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0252237
- Pearson R, Mullan J, Dijkmans-Hadley B, Halcomb E, Bonney A (2021) Medical care in Australian Residential Aged Care: Perspectives of Residents, Family, Nurses, and General Practitioners. Health and Social Care in the Community https://doi.org/10.1111/hsc.13352
- Al-Ghraiybah T, Sim J, Lago L (2021) The relationship between the nursing practice environment and five nursing-sensitive patient outcomes in acute care hospitals: A systematic review. Nursing Open. DOI: 10.1002/nop2.828.
- Bird S, Lago L, Eagar K, Pai N (2021) Suicide prevention: Emergency departments are crucial for surveillance of self-harm and suicide-related behaviours. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/00048674211009600.
- Hepburn KS, Lambert K, Mullan J, McAlister B, Lonergan M and Hassan HIC (2021) Peritoneal dialysis related peritonitis as a risk factor for cardiovascular events. Internal Medicine Journal, 51: 404-410.
- Jordan M, Latif A, Mullan J and Chen TF (2021) Opioid medicines management in primary care settings: A scoping review of quantitative studies of pharmacist’s activities. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. DOI: 10.1111/bcp.14915.
- Street J, Fabrianesi B, Adams C, Flack F, Smith M, Carter S, Lybrand S, Brown A, Joyner S, Mullan J, Lago L, Carolan L, Irvine K, Braunack-Mayer AJ (2021) Sharing administrative health data with private industry: A report on two citizens’ juries. Health Expectations, DOI: 10.1111/hex.13268.
- Suesse B, Lago L, Westley-Wise V, Masso M, Cuenca J, Pai N (2021) Application of mixture distributions for identifying thresholds of frequent and high inpatient mental health service use in longitudinal data. Journal of Mental Health DOI: 10.1080/09638237.2021.1875407
- Suesse B, Lago L, Westley-Wise V, Cuenca J, Pai N (2021) Predisposing, enabling and need factors associated with increased and ongoing increased inpatient mental health service use: a retrospective population-based longitudinal study. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 55 (4): 409-421.
- Murali K, Lonergan M (2020) Breaking the adherence barriers: Strategies to improve treatment adherence in dialysis patients. Seminars in Dialysis, 33 (6): 475-485.
- Murali K, Mullan J, Roodenrys S, Lonergan M (2020) Comparison of health literacy profile of patients with end stage kidney disease on dialysis versus non-dialysis chronic kidney disease and the influencing factors: a cross-sectional study, BMJ Open,
- Hassan HC, Lonergan M, Mullan J, McAlister B, Lambert K and Suesse T (2020) Acute kidney injury as a risk factor for kidney stones: a propensity matched analysis. Journal of Kidney Care 10.1093/ndt/gfaa142.P0561
- Khoo J, Hasan H, Eagar K (2020) Private versus public? Examining hospital use of a privately insured population in New South Wales, Australia, using data linkage. Australian Health Review, 45 (1): 14-21.
- Walsan R, Feng X, Mayne DJ, Pai N and Bonney A (2020) Neighbourhood environment and type 2 diabetes comorbidity in serious mental illness, Journal of Primary Care and Community Health.
- Hepburn KS, Lambert K, Mullan J, McAlister B, Lonergan M, Hassan H (2020) Peritoneal dialysis related peritonitis as a risk factor for cardiovascular events. Internal Medicine Journal, doi: 10.1111/imj.14769.
- Cappetta K, Lago L, Phillipson L (2020) Patterns of hospital utilisation in the lead up to a diagnosis of dementia: A longitudinal retrospective study of hospital dementia patients in Australia. Australasian Journal on Ageing. doi: 10.1111/ajag.12770.
- Cappetta K, Lago L, Potter J, Phillipson L (2020) Under-coding of dementia and other conditions indicates scope for improved patient management: A longitudinal retrospective study of dementia patients in Australia. Health Information Management Journal. doi: 10.1177/1833358319897928.
- Westley-Wise V, Lago L, Mullan J, Facci F, Zingel R, Eagar K (2020) Trends in unplanned readmissions over 15 years - a regional Australian perspective. Australian Health Review, 44 (2): 241-247.
- Westley-Wise V, Lago L, Mullan J, Facci F, Zingel R, Eagar K (2020) Patterns of morbidity and multimorbidity associated with early and late readmissions in an Australian regional health service. Chronic Illness. doi: 10.11771/1742395319899459.
- Lambert K, Burns P, Mullan J (2019) Emergency department presentations and hospital admissions for kidney stones: a retrospective longitudinal analysis of presentations in one regional health district. International Society of Nephrology World Congress of Nephrology, Melbourne Australia. Kidney International Reports, 4 (7): S296.
- Lago L, Westley-Wise V, Mullan J, Lambert K, Zingel R, Carrigan T, Triner W, Eagar K (2019) Here one year, gone the next? Investigating duration and predictors of ongoing frequent emergency department attendance, a retrospective study in Australia. BMJ Open, 9: e027700.
- Bliokas VV, Hains AR, Allan JA, Lago L, Sng R (2019) Community-based aftercare following an emergency department presentation for attempted suicide or high risk for suicide: study protocol for a non-randomised controlled trial. BMC Public Health, 19 (1): 1380.
- Murali KM, Mullan J, Roodenrys S, Hassan H, Lambert K, Lonergan M (2019) Strategies to improve dietary, fluid, dialysis or medication adherence in patients with end stage kidney disease on dialysis: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized intervention trials. PLoS One, 14 (1): e0211479.
- Freckelton L, Lambert K, Smith NA, Westely-Wise V, Lago L, Mullan J (2019) Impact of body mass index on utilization of selected hospital resources for four common surgical procedures. ANZ Journal of Surgery, 89 (7-8): 842-847.
- Mullan J, Burns P, Mohanan L, Lago L, Jordan M, Potter J (2019) Hospitalisation for medication misadventures among older adults with and without dementia: a 5-year retrospective study. Australasian Journal of Ageing, 38 (4): e135-e141.
- Walsan, et al. (2019) Examining the association between neighbourhood socioeconomic disadvantage and type 2 diabetes comorbidity in serious mental illness. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16 (20): 3905.
- Walsan, et al. (2019) Exploring the geography of serious mental illness and type 2 diabetes comorbidity in Illawarra—Shoalhaven, Australia (2010 -2017). PLoS One, 14 (12): e0225992.
- Davis S, Lambert K, Huber D, Murali K (2018) Renal Resistive Index predicts the presence of renal parenchymal disease but not the rate of progression. 23 (S3, Supplement: 54th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Nephrology (ANZSN), 8–12 September 2018, International Convention Centre, Sydney, Australia): 71-100.
- Hepburn K, Lambert K, Mullan J, McAlister B, Lonergan M, Hassan HC (2018) Peritonitis as a risk factor for cardiovascular events in peritoneal dialysis patients. Nephrology, 23 (Suppl 3): 95.
- Pai N, Westley-Wise V, Lago L, Facci F, Zingel R, Mullan J, Eagar K (2018) Trends and patterns in unplanned readmissions to ISLHD hospitals following admissions for mental diseases and disorders (abstract). Australia and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, 52 (1): 103.
- Walsan R, et al. (2018) Serious mental illness, neighbourhood disadvantage, and type 2 diabetes risk: A systematic review of the literature. Journal of Primary Care & Community Health, 9: 2150132718802025.
ISLHD 2021 Research Activity Report
This Research Activity Report is a summary of the research that was conducted across the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District (ISLHD) in 2021.Explore the report now