Have a safety plan, plan your day, look at your transport needs, ensure that someone will know when you are overdue travelling home.
Questions to ask yourself regarding personal safety:
- Am I remaining alert to my surroundings at all times?
- Am I walking alone at night time?
- Should I ask Security or someone else to accompany me if I am concerned for my safety after dark?
- Have I told someone where I’m going and when I’ll be back?
- Am I clear on where I need to go and how to get there?
- Am I choosing the safest form of transport or well-lit pathway to get there?
- Do I know who to call and what to do in the event of an emergency?
- Is my personal property and cash safely secured?
Download the SafeZone app
Contact UOW Security easily using SafeZone, Security's mobile app. Download it today.
Request a safety escort
If you are at Wollongong or Innovation Campus you can request a safety escort to your car or public transport.
Staff and Students are encouraged to report incidents that may impact on the safety of the campus community to UOW Security.