The Westpac Bicentennial Foundation - Young Technologists Scholarships
The Young Technologists scholarship aims to support future generations of Australian leaders who have the drive to shape the social and economic future of our nation. This is one of five scholarship programs offered by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation, which is supporting 100 scholars a year, forever.
Scholarship recipients will become members of the Westpac Scholars alumni program, and gain access to ongoing networking, learning and educational opportunities. Westpac Scholars will lead Australia and the world in shaping technology, advancing social issues, driving innovation and research and strengthening our connections in Asia.
For Australia to realise its full potential in the digital age we must invest in tomorrow's leaders today. The Young Technologists scholarships will strengthen Australia's pool of technology talent by encouraging greater diversity and broader participation in technology-related studies.
|Value:||$5000 per annum|
|Duration:||Duration of Degree (up to five years)|
|Faculty||Engineering & Information Sciences|
|Degree||Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Business Information Systems|
|Level of Enrolment:||First Year 2016|
|Number of Scholarships:||Six (6)|
|Year of Scholarship:||2016|
|Target Group:||Future Students|
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must have plans to enrol at the University of Wollongong at the time of application and throughout the selection process.
- Applicants must have plans to enrol in an undergraduate degree of Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Information Technology or Bachelor of Business Information Systems at the University of Wollongong.
- Applicants must display an interest in enhancing Australia's Technology and/or Digital landscape, demonstrated via written statement to be included in the scholarship application package.
- Applicants must provide all information and complete required tasks before the due date advertised.
- Applicants must be enrolled on a full time basis (study load).
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a credit average (Weighted Average Mark 65+) for the duration of the scholarship.
- Successful applicants will actively engage as alumni members of the Westpac Scholars program, which includes a commitment, at least for the first 12 months after the scholarship, to actively share their experience, attend alumni events and promote the scholarship within their educational institution.