Due to Covid-19 UOW Facilities Management Division (FMD) will be reviewing the works as outlined in the UOW 2016-2036 Master Plan.
The previous Masterplan does not reference or link other campuses and is not in alignment with the 2020-2025 Strategic Plan.
The Facilities Management Division is working on a revised Estate Strategy that considers how students will learn in the future.
The appointment of new Vice Chancellor, Patricia Davidson in 2021 at a time of significant challenges to the tertiary sector out of the Covid-19 pandemic has necessitated a review of the University’s current 2016-2036 Wollongong Campus Master Plan. While ambitious at its time of writing, the current Master Plan does not respond to the post-pandemic student and staff demands on the University’s built environment. Nor does it necessarily align with its current documented strategies and action plans.
Under its new Vice Chancellor, the University’s vision is for a Wollongong Campus that is connected at all levels to its other campuses. As an initial step in this direction, guiding principles for the Wollongong Campus’ development are proposed, capable of being translated to these other campuses.
Edmiston Jones was engaged by the University of Wollongong in early 2022 to undertake a joint peer review with Facilities Management Division of the 2016-2036 Wollongong Campus Master Plan document. The objective of the review was to assess the degree to which the Master Plan aligns with the University’s current strategic direction. Seven Strategic Documents that were used to assess the alignment:
- Sustainable Development Goals Report 2020 (Oct 2021)
- 2020-2025 Strategic Plan Stocktake Report 2020 (Feb 2021)
- 2020-2025 University Strategies (Sept 2020)
- Sports Facilities Strategy Report (Mar 2020)
- Accessibility Action Plan 2019-2021 (2019)
- Reconciliation Action Plan July 2019-July 2021 (2019)
- McKinnon Walker Trust Report 2017 (Jan 2017)
The principal stakeholders engaged in the joint peer review are:
- Vice Chancellor and Executive Team
- Faculty Executive Managers
- Associate Dean Equity, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI)
- Kathleen Packer, Director Facilities Management Division
- Linda Hatcliffe, Campus Planning Manager
- UOW GE
- UOW Divisions
- Graham Betts – Director, Edmiston Jones
- Lexie Fan - Architectural Graduate, Edmiston Jones