What our Health and Wellbeing Strategy will do
Our Health and Wellbeing initiatives will provide benefits to communities and consumers in the Illawarra and Shoalhaven, as well as economic benefits to the regional economy.
The initiatives will:
- Increase the range of opportunity provided for health and wellbeing for the population of the Illawarra-Shoalhaven and beyond
- Promote personalised health and wellbeing care with the individual, and families, at the centre of service
- Accelerate health and wellbeing research that drives new methods of health service delivery that will provide effective patient care
- Create the conditions for interdisciplinary health research and innovation that drives new capabilities in the prevention, early intervention and treatment of illness
- Increase social equity through models that support open access and Medicare-supported services
- Educate future generations of healthcare practitioners that will deliver patient-centred models of care within an interdisciplinary framework
- Improve mental health services and participation in translational research programs
- Provide world’s-best practice models that can be translated to a national and global context
- Complement existing health networks and deliver clinical models that are innovative and evidence based
- Over time, the Health and Wellbeing initiatives collectively will generate a significant number of new jobs in the health and social services, as well as professional and technical categories
- The package of healthcare initiatives will help to relieve the State’s healthcare burden and the pressure on existing local health networks, especially hospitals.