The Committee for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (CEDI) has been established to provide high-level direction, advocacy and support for all matters relating to equity, diversity and inclusion so that all members of the UOW community, regardless of race, sex, gender, sexuality, socio-economic status and ability, can flourish and succeed in a safe, respectful and socially inclusive environment.
The Committee for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (CEDI)
The CEDI seeks to provide high-level support and advocacy for all identities at UOW and representative committees and groups. The table below provides an overview of the committees and groups that report into and are supported by the CEDI.
Overview of Existing Committees and Groups Relating To Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The following committees and groups are currently in place at UOW to advocate for specific equity groups.
The CEDI seeks to provide an over-arching governance mechanism for all equity cohorts, with high-level representation, monitoring of achievement against targets, and, an avenue for escalation as appropriate. New reference groups, working groups, and or sub-committees may be initiated by CEDI.
|Gender, sex & sexuality diverse||Women||Culturally & Linguistically Diverse||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander||Living with a disability||Low-SES background|
|Employment Equity and Diversity Committee (EEDC) - discontinued|
|Workforce Diversity Reference Group (WDRG) - discontinued|
|Ally Network Advisory Committee (ANAC)||SAGE Athena SWAN Implementation Committee (SASI-C)||Aboriginal Workforce Working Group||Student Mental Health Advisory Group||Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP) Advisory Group – student focus LSES; Regional and First Nations|
|Queer Collective||Aboriginal Advancement and Advisory Committee||Disability Inclusion Network|
|Aboriginal Advancement and Advisory Group|
|Aboriginal Community Advisory Group (in progress)|
|Reconciliation Action Plan Steering Committee and Working Groups|
|Related committees and groups that span multiple interests and issues (specific focus)|
|Student Advisory Council (students only)|
|Safe and Respectful Communities Advisory Group (sexual assault and harassment - student focus)|
|Student Academic Experience Sub-Committee (students only)|
|Modern Slavery Working Group|
|FUSE (Forging United Safe Environments)|
The Committee for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (CEDI) will provide high-level direction, advocacy and support for all matters relating to equity, diversity and inclusion so that all members of the UOW community, regardless of race, sex, gender, sexuality, socio-economic status and ability, can flourish and succeed in a safe, respectful and socially inclusive environment.
- To lead, promote and strengthen a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion; a culture where discrimination and deficiency in universal design are proactively identified and addressed;
- To monitor, review and support achievement of objectives and targets relating to UOW strategies and initiatives that concern matters of equity, diversity and inclusion (this may be achieved through development of a CEDI scorecard based on existing or new objectives and targets);
- To identify and prioritise strategies and initiatives that advance equity, diversity and inclusion, and to provide guidance and feedback to related committees;
- To champion a best practice model of ‘universal design’ across modes of learning, all UOW campuses, and our operations;
- To support the formation of reference groups representing specific identity groups, as appropriate;
- To oversee development and review of strategies, plans policies and processes that relate to matters of equity, diversity and inclusion;
- To ensure UOW compliance with relevant legislation and reporting requirements;
- To advise the Vice-Chancellor and senior leadership on the functions, targets, initiatives and achievements of the Committee and related committees/groups.
to be advised soon
to be advised soon