After hours access
After-hours access is available to students who wish to use the University computers or simply find a quiet place to study.
An active social group organises social, sporting and other recreational student activities. Please talk to your local staff or student representative if you have any ideas or suggestions.
Information technology support - this includes UOW IT computer and software support.
Audio-visual support - is available to assist in the overall educational experience and can be used for presentations and flexible delivery of courses; this includes video-conferencing, video players and overhead projectors. We also have available multimedia tools including a digital camera, digital video camera, mini disk recorder/ player, document/image scanner, DVD player and cassette recorder; all of which will enhance your student experience!
- a qualified counsellor is available for student consultations regarding appeals, special consideration, personal and other problems.
- learning assistance is available for students in various areas relevant to degree studies. Workshops include:
- Time Management
- Reading and Note-Making
- Essay Writing
- Structuring Arguments and Critical Thinking
- Exam Preparation and Techniques
- Individual consultations are also available.
- the University Careers Service offers advice and guidance to students regarding their future employment options and study strategies.