Records Management at UOW
The Records Management Unit (RMU) is part of the University’s Governance and Legal Division.
Our mission is to ensure that UOW meets its records and information management obligations under the State Records Act. We do this through highlighting the business benefits of good record keeping to all staff as well as through the implementation of best practices in records management. These are aligned with our Records Management Framework including a current Records Management Policy and associated procedures and guidelines. We offer a number of professional services:
- Managing a central repository of University records;
- Administering as well as continuously enhancing and improving the Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS, based on Oracle Web Centre Content);
- Providing education, training and advice about best practice in records management for creating, storing, disposing and archiving of records as well as digitisation to all staff;
- Supporting and advising the Executive, including the Responsible Senior Officer, in records management related matters;
- Assessing business systems in regards to their capability to meet records management standards and legislative requirements;
- Facilitating and supporting meetings of the Retention Review Committee;
- Managing relationships and partnerships with external providers and preferred suppliers in the records management space.
UOW staff can access further information through the RMU pages on the intranet.